Chapter Fifty Four

Chapter Fifty Four

Stay Away From My Knickers.

Anna

"I'm mad at you," is the first thing that Noah says when the FaceTime call connects.

"Why?" I question, fixing my gaze on my reflection in the mirror and braiding the upper half of my hair in a Dutch braid to finish my hairstyle.

"Because you haven't called me in forever!" He exclaims.

I raise an eyebrow at him. "You do realize that you have WiFi in Sydney too, right? So you can call me whenever you like."

"I was going by the concept of 'ladies first'," he scoffs.

"You're right. Why didn't you call me then?" I ask innocently.

"You're hilarious," he comments emotionlessly.

"I try." I inspect my face from different angles to double-check my makeup, then I notice that my nose is too shiny and I use the beauty blender to spread the highlighter around a bit. Now I don't look like I have a lightbulb as a nose.

"Why do you look so...clean?" Noah asks. He sure sets high expectations for compliments. I feel bad for his future girlfriend.

"Luke and his family are coming over to have dinner with us," I answer.

"Why?"

"Right. You don't know," I realize. "Um...Luke and I are together."

"I beg your pardon?" He raises his eyebrows. "Carter and you are together? Like 'doing couple shit and wearing weird ass matching shirts' together?"

"Yes, I guess," I reply, unsure if this is the right way to describe our relationship.

"What the fuck happened in three months?" He unwraps a familiar looking chocolate candy and takes a bite out of it.

"You're eating cherry ripes without me?" I ask in shock, feeling betrayed.

"I missed them," he muffles out.

"I expect a whole box in my mailbox after a few hours."

"Will do my best," he pledges. "Now tell me what happened in the past three months."

"Well, sit back 'cause this is long." I explain to Noah every single thing that happened to me in the last three months which takes a whole hour and seven minutes because I got my own complex way of story telling.

Seriously, all of my stories go along the way of: pre-story prologue for "context", then the start of the story, then too many unnecessary details, then semi-related side story, going back to the main story, something that I just now remembered, losing train of thought, then the famous 'wait what was I talking about?', realizing that I've been talking for too long, wrapping the story up and finally getting to the point before ending the story and apologizing. I could never be a story teller.

"Damn," he takes a sip from his Sprite.

"Are you sitting next to a fridge? How did you even get that?" I ask him, pointing at the Sprite.

"I am, in fact." He moves his phone to the left and a silver fridge appears next to him. "Say hi to Foodella." He grins.

"You named your fridge?"

"I named a lot of things. My car, my poem notebook, my toilet, my bed, my trash bin, my six-pack, my penis–"

"Your what now?"

"My pe–" he starts to repeat.

"I heard what you said," I quickly cut him off and sigh. I'm not even going to ask.