Chapter Twenty Five

Wow, chapter twenty five already. I'm proud of myself, but I also feel like I'm too far away because this is one heck of a long ride.

Anyways, ENJOY!

| | | |

Chapter Twenty Five

Butt Naked Roman Statue.

Anna

Free period.

The only good thing that was invented when they were making school systems. That and lunch break, of course. I take free periods as one of those moments when you could stretch your wings and do whatever the heck you wanna do and there's no one there to stop you or go all 'Freeze!' on you.

Unless, of course, you're some dude who could get away whenever you want and manage not to get caught, while looking good. For example: Luke Carter. I don't know how that guy does it, but all I know is that he got skills.

I also take free periods as one of those moments to spend a whole forty minutes in the library, which is why I'm standing here, looking through Science Fiction books. Sounds boring, I know.

As I'm skimming through a book called The Martian Chronicles, Linda suddenly approaches me in hurry.

"Hello, Anna."

"Hey, Linda. What's up?"

"Do you mind locking the library after you're done? I have a few urgent things to do and I have to leave now," she pleads.

Now you're probably wondering what kind of irresponsible librarian leaves the school library's key with a student? It's a normal thing actually. Linda wanted someone to be responsible for the library along with her, so she informed Principal Collins and they didn't mind putting me in charge. I don't know if this was a good idea or a bad one. I mean, I am responsible when it comes to some things, but sometimes I go crazy enough not to care.

"Yes, sure."

"Thank you, dear," she smiles in relief, handing me a key. "You don't have to do anything. Just lock the library and leave the key with the secretary." I nod at her in response. 

She marches away quickly, grabbing her coat on the way and exiting the library. I'm alone in the library.

I'm alone in the library.

Oh my God, I'm alone in the library.

I have the library all-

"Cherries?" A deep voice from the other side of the shelf calls and I let out a squeal in surprise.

Never mind.

"Luke?" I say, pushing a book aside to see him. "What are you doing here?"

"This is the school's library. I think I have every right to be here," he replies.

"No. I meant–you don't have a free period now. How are you here?"

"Three words: I skipped class," he holds up three fingers.

Expected.

"Oh."

He walks around the shelf and stands beside me, leaning against it with his hands in his pockets. "What are you doing here?"

"Two words: free period," I mock him, holding up two fingers.

"What's that?" he nods at the key in my hand.

"The library key. Linda left, so I'm supposed to lock the library after I'm done," I explain, slipping the key in my back pocket.

"And she puts you in charge?"