Chapter Forty Seven

Chapter Forty Seven

"Sugit Vos Esse."

Anna

"Where were the both of you?" Sophie asks as soon as Abby and I enter our cabin.

Abby opens her mouth to answer, but Colette cuts in. "We had to cover for the both of you."

"Yeah!" Zoey exclaims. "Do you have any idea how hard it is to act like one is asleep and the other is in the bathroom?"

"It's so hard!" She answers herself, throwing her hands in the air.

"That's what she said," Abby and I snicker at the same time before we look at each other and burst down laughing.

"Are you guys high or something?" Colette asks, raising her amber eyebrow and bringing up her legs to cross them.

"No," I reply with a small grin, walking over to the bed that has my suitcase on it and zipping it open.

"We were responding to the call of nature," Abby grins at me and I laugh slightly as I get out a tank top and a pair of sweatpants.

"You were peeing?" Sophie questions.

"No, Anna and I went to meet up with Tyler because he's camping near us," Abby explains, unbraiding her golden hair and zipping open her bag to get her hairbrush.

"Tyler; your other best friend?" Zoey asks and Abby nods, running the brush through her hair.

"Why didn't you take me with you? I wanted to see him," Zoey whines, falling back on her bed dramatically.

"Hold on, Tyler as in the dude with black hair and brown eyes that tripped you when you were five and you pushed him in the sand for ruining your new dress in return?" Sophie recalls.

"Yup, that's him," she answers, putting her hair up in a bun. I don't know how she manages to look good with it. Messy buns look awful on me. They make me look as if my hairline just vanished into nothingness. That's how bad they look.

"Damn, you are best friends now?" Sophie asks and Abby nods.

I suddenly remember what Zoey said. "Wait, how did you pretend like one of us is in the bathroom?" I question, frowning.

"We got Zoey's Bluetooth speakers, connected it to Sophie's phone, placed it in the bathroom and played an old audio note of you talking," Colette shrugs.

"Why do you even have speakers?" I ask Zoey and she grins.

"So we can have a dance party at three in the morning," she replies excitedly. "We need to have some fun before we go back to exam and school life. There are like three months left, then we're all going our separate ways."

"Which college did you apply in?" I get out my makeup remover along with other face cleansing products.

"Colombia. The same university my girlfriend attends," she responds, grabbing a pillow and placing it under her head.

Sophie and Colette mirror my surprised expression. "Your girlfriend?" I ask in shock.

"Yeah, I'm into girls." She sits up. "You guys didn't know?"

Colette, Sophie and I slowly shake our heads in response.

"Well, I'm lesbian and I have a girlfriend who's two years older than me," she grins, locking her hands together.

"How long have you two been dating?" Sophie jumps on her bed, placing her chin in her hand as Colette turns her body around to face Zoey.