Chapter Thirty Four

Chapter Thirty Four
Part I.

Have fun on your date.

Luke

"You're going on a date with Jennie, huh?" Zach asks, shoving his foot in my face while I tie my Jordan's.

I push his foot away. "It's not a date," I roll my eyes, standing up.

"You're right. It's not considered a date unless it's with Anna," Alex teases.

"Anna is my friend. We hang out like any other two friends. You're making it seem like a guy and a girl can't be friends," I tell them, rolling up the sleeves of the shirt.

They have been a major annoyance since I told them that I took Cherries to the tree house. I was planning on keeping my mouth shut and not telling them anything, but Zach asked me where did I go after school on Thursday and I replied with the diner thing until he pulled out the 'Leni was with you, bitch' card. After I called him an asshole for calling me a bitch, I told them the truth; which now I realize is one of the very bad decisions I have made in my life.

I'm never going to admit that though.

"A girl and a guy can be friends. We're friends with the girls after all, however you and Leni can't be friends," Zach insists.

"And why the hell so?" I ask, frowning.

"Because you're supposed to be more than friends. I know that you're not keen on relationships anymore, but she deserves a good relationship and that relationship is with you," he says. "Correct me if I'm wrong, Lexi," he turns to Alex.

Alex glares at him. "Don't call me that and you're not wrong."

Zach turns back to me. "See, man? I have no damn idea why are you hanging out with Jennie anyways. She was with the Dickinson jerk and you–we are not on good terms with him."

"Jennie is very nice and she apologized for what she did. It's not like she meant to get with Dickinson after what happened," I come to Jennie's defend and to be honest, I don't even regret it. She deserves it.

"You're meaning to tell me that you are choosing the girl who slept with the guy your ex-girlfriend cheated on you with over the cute girl that you hang out with most of the times and is considered a childhood friend?" Zach raises his eyebrow.

Who the hell said anything about choosing?

I want to correct him and tell him that Jennie didn't even sleep with anyone too, but I decide on keeping my mouth shut. It's neither my business nor my place.

"I'm not choosing between Jennie and Anna. Jennie is just a new friend and she's actually a very nice person. Anna is a close friend of mine and I'm not going to choose her over Jennie. Why the fuck are we talking about this anyway?" I question in confusion.

"Don't know. I guess that's what happens when I ship too much," Zach frowns.

"I'm going," I tell them, grabbing my car keys from on top of the desk. "Don't blow up the house and stay away from my sister. She's twenty two. That's disgusting. And whoever shits in my toilet; better flushes after they're done."

"That was Zach!" Alex points at him.

"No, it wasn't. Go to hell," Zach throws the pillow at Alex who is sitting on the spinning chair; in which it hits him in the face.

"I don't give a crap who did it. Just flush the toilet after you're done." I walk to the exit of the room.

Please.