Chapter Eighteen

Chapter Eighteen

You Love It.

Anna

We walk to the balcony door and we walk outside in the chilly breeze. The trees are glimmering with the green and red lights hanging on them. The huge Christmas tree in the corner is decorated with colorful ball ornaments and white garlands.

The red tinsel is wrapped around the green tree as well as the Christmas lights that made the whole backyard glow and on the top is a golden star twinkling under the moonlight, the growing pile of presents perches on the grass under the tree.

Two reindeers made out of plastic are placed next to the tree with yellow lights on them. Over all, the whole place looks beautiful and well-decorated.

"This place is awesome," Clara comments.

"It looks amazing," Luna adds.

"Thank you," I reply.

"You did this?" Luke asks from behind me.

I turn around to face him. "Yes, actually."

Now that I'm just noticing, Luke looks really good and by good, handsome as heck. He's wearing a dark green button up shirt with his sleeves rolled up and a pair of black jeans. There is a black beanie resting on top of head and I'm beginning to think he never takes it off except at home maybe.

He looks really attractive and I feel a grin coming on my face as I watch him. I snap out of it and look down at my heels. Holy mother of cow nipples.

"Wow, Cherries," he looks around in bewilderment and I smile in response, pushing away any Luke thoughts.

"The food looks good," Luna grins. "I'll go try it," she says before walking to where the food is.

"It's food, so bye," Clara grins too, then she joins her sister.

"Well," I turn to Luke. "Since you're the only one here, let's go meet my cousins." I tell him.

"Sure, why not?"

I give Luke a grin, before dragging him to where my cousins where all standing. Some of them are talking to each other and others on their phones. They all stop what they're doing once they notice me...well, actually, when they notice Luke.

"Hey, guys. This is Luke, he's my-"

"Boyfriend?" Carrie pipes up.

"No," I roll my eyes. "My friend."

"Your friend that could be your boyfriend in two weeks?" Tyler guesses.

"No," I hiss. "He's just my friend."

Seriously, what's wrong with people these days?

"Anyways," I turn back to Luke. "Luke, meet my cousins. This is Tyler, Chris, Avianna, Carrie, Abby and Landon." I point at each one as I introduce them.

"Hi," they all say.

Landon steps forward and holds out his small hand, "Hello there. Nice to meet you," he gives Luke a toothy grin and I smile at his cuteness.

"Nice to meet you, little guy," Luke shakes Landon's out stretched hand.

Landon turns to me, "Lyn, you said I should be nice and I was. Can I get a cupcake now?" He tilts his head to the left.

"Of course, sweetheart," I bend down a bit and tap his nose. He giggles cutely, holding his arms up for me to carry him and I smile, then I lift him up and place him on my waist.