Chapter Forty Four

Chapter Forty Four

I Am Not A Criminal.

Anna

"Guess who has detention today?" I smile widely as I take a seat on the lunch table.

"That's today?" Luke asks.

"Yeah, Principal Collins said that since we have the fun fair thing on Thursday, she's going to postpone it till next week which is this week and she told me that will be today," I explain to him. "I really counted on her losing her memory or somehow getting a concussion that she wouldn't remember."

"I was counting on that concussion part," he mumbles under his breath and I laugh slightly.

"Why do you guys have detention?" Jennie asks, frowning.

"Because we punched Seth," I grin.

"Oh yeah, I heard," she chuckles slightly. "You also broke his nose?"

"Yup," I state proudly.

"Nice job," she bumps her shoulder slightly with mine.

"Thank you," I smile at her.

That's when I notice that Zach is staring at the both of us and not normal staring, more like 'squinting while trying to figure out what is going on' staring. "Zach, is everything okay?" I ask him, kind of getting creeped out.

"I just can't believe that the both of you are talking normally," he replies.

"Me too," The rest of them agree, even Luke.

"Well, people fight and make up everyday. It's normal," Jennie shrugs.

"Are you sure you didn't get high on anything lately, Jennie?" Alex asks her and Luke rolls his eyes.

"No, Alex." She laughs. "I just knew that I was doing something wrong and that I needed to fix a couple of things, so I decided to apologize."

"That's character development right there," I hear Riley whispering to Sophie and she nods, letting out a 'mhm'.

"So like I was saying when I first came here," I bring up the detention topic again. "I have detention and I'm not going to be walking home with you guys." I tell the girls and they nod.

"Doesn't Colette have a car? Why do you walk?" Alex asks.

"We prefer walking," Sophie answers.

"Also Anna gets anxious about cars, unless we open the windows and we can't live without the heater in the car, so we walk," Riley explains. "Although we all end up frozen, especially Anna," then Riley snorts to herself at the Disney pun.

"Ha-ha. Very funny, Riley," I comment sarcastically.

"I know. I try," she brags and the rest of them laugh.

| | | |

This room is the most disgusting thing in the school, after the locker rooms.

"You look like you want to throw up," Luke tells me.

"That's because I want to throw up," I reply. "How do you last five minutes here?"

"Cherries, this is your seventh time here," he points out.

"Sixth," I correct him. "I am not a criminal."

"And I am?" He asks.

"Yes," I reply bluntly.

"I don't last five minutes here. I skip most of the times since they always let lazy teachers watch us," he says. "Plus, I have work right after school. I can't stay in a room until four doing nothing just because I did some kind of fuck up."