Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter Twenty Two

Just For You.

Anna

"Mum, I'm going out!" I inform as I open the front door.

She walks out of the kitchen, while drying her hands with a towel. "Where are you going, honey?"

"Luke's," I reply. "We have a project to work on."

She smiles, "Is that so?"

"Mum, please..." I sigh.

"What? I didn't say anything," she defends. "I'm just happy for you for having a great friend like Luke."

"Okay then," I say slowly as if testing her. "I'll be back in a few. I love you." I place a kiss on her cheek.

"I love you, sweetheart," she says back.

I walk out of the house, letting the door close behind, then I stroll next door to Luke's house. Sometimes I thank the lords for having my friends near me, so I wouldn't have to walk too much. I'm a very lazy person.

Then again, I end up cursing my school for being thirty minutes away from my house. My parents should have really asked me before enrolling me into that school.

Thanks a lot, guys.

I ring the doorbell. A few shuffles and footsteps come from inside the house, before the door swings open and Luna appears on the other side with a bright smile on her face.

One of the things I truly admire about Luke's sister is that she's always smiling. In a way, she reminded me of my younger self, or just me in general.

"Hey, Anna," she chirps. "Come in." She moves aside.

"Thanks," I tell her, stepping inside the house. I look around the place with awe. I could never stop admiring this place, it's truly beautiful.

"Cherries?" Luke pokes his head out of the kitchen.

"Hey," I greet.

"You're here," he says, walking out and standing next to his sister.

"Obviously," I roll my eyes and Luna laughs.

"Do you ever stop being sassy?" He scowls.

"Nope," I grin.

"Let's just get this over with. Come on," he turns around and starts walking upstairs.

"What's wrong with him?" I ask Luna.

"I don't know. He gets really moody sometimes."

"Sometimes?"

"Don't worry he'll cool down after awhile," Luna assures me. "Good luck."

"Thanks," I give her a grateful smile, then I go up the carpeted stairs.

Recognizing Luke's room, I walk inside to find Luke lying down on his bed with the phone in his hands.

"Are we going to start working on the project or...?" I trail off.

"Give me a minute," he replies, not looking up from his phone.

I let out a sigh, then I walk over to his bed and snatch the phone from his hand. I know that was really annoying of me, but he was starting to get on my nerves. I had no choice...except, pushing him off of the bed maybe.

Now that I'm thinking about it, that would have been more entertaining.

His hands freeze in the air, "Why did you do that?" He asks in annoyance.