21. No Strings

Patrick

When Bennett said he wanted to have sex with someone, I almost suggested him doing it with me. Almost. But I knew he didn't want me that way, so I held back and agreed to help him sleep with some random guy.

As soon as we got to the bar, I ordered a beer. I had expected Bennett to get some brightly colored fruity thing again, but I was surprised when the bartender brought out four shot glasses and placed them in front of Bennett.

"Shots?" I asked.

He shrugged before picking up the first one. "If I'm doing this, I have to be drunk. This is the fastest way to get there." He took the first shot and immediately grabbed the second one.

"Maybe you should slow down?" I suggested.

He put down the second shot glass, which was now empty. "The point is getting drunk. The quicker I down these, the quicker I'll have the nerve to sleep with someone I don't know."

"Bennett, you don't have to do this."

"Yes, I do." He took the third shot, then spun around on the stool to look at the selection of guys that were here tonight. "Who looks like they'll be good? He's gotta be a top, considering I don't have a dick and all."

I paused with my glass halfway to my lips. No dick? I guess I hadn't thought about that before. But he kept talking, so I didn't say anything.

"I haven't looked at another guy since before I started dating Tommy. How do I know if he's interested in me?"

"Trust me, they all will be," I muttered. "Why don't you head out onto the dance floor or something? You know how to dance, right? The guys'll be all over you."

Bennett downed his last shot and smiled. "They better be." Then he stood up, wobbled only slightly, and hurried into the middle of the room, where a few guys were already grinding on each other to the loud music.

I watched as Bennett danced by himself. It wasn't too much longer before some guy had his hands on Bennett's waist. They both were clearly enjoying themselves.

A hand ran up my arm and I turned to see some twink sitting on the stool Bennett had just been in. "Hey," he said.

I looked him over. He was cute, that's for sure. And if I wasn't here to help Bennett, I would probably take him home with me.

"Wanna dance?" he asked, his hand creeping its way down my chest.

I shook my head. "I'm not looking for anything tonight. Don't get me wrong, you're cute, but no thanks."

He shifted so that he was sitting on my lap. "You sure? I can make you feel so good..."

I shook my head and dodged the kiss he tried planting on my lips. That's when I noticed Bennett was nowhere in sight. I moved the guy off of me and stood up, a bit frantic. Where the hell could he possibly have gone?

"Bennett?" I called over the music. I doubted he was able to hear me, but as I moved through the crowd of people, I still couldn't find him. "Bennett!"

I ran to the bathroom, hoping they had just moved in there instead of leaving the bar altogether. Thankfully, they were in there, but I wasn't happy at how I found them.

The guy had Bennett pressed up against the sink, one hand already going for the button on his jeans. Bennett's mouth was on his, but it didn't look like he was enjoying it at all, or even kissing back. Frankly, it looked like he wanted to get as far away from that guy as possible.

"Bennett," I said loudly. His eyes snapped open to look at me, silently pleading. I stepped forward, yanking the guy backwards by his collar. "Get off him."