39. Going to Him

Bennett

After Pat walked out of lunch, I didn't hear from him for a couple days. His silence worried me to no end, especially because I knew he was deliberately not answering my texts. Either he forgot his read receipts were on or he purposely left them on for me to know he was still alive. At least it was something, as little as it was.

When two days of silence had gone by, I knew I needed to do something, otherwise Pat might never talk to me again. So, after finishing at work in the afternoon, I stopped by a bakery to grab some of Pat's favorite cookies, and hopped on a bus out to his house.

Once I finally got there, I went around back to the basement door. I tried knocking, but when he didn't answer after a few minutes, I headed towards the front door. If he wasn't going to get up to open the door for me, I'm sure his mother would let me in.

She opened the door a few moments after I rang the doorbell. "Bennett! How are you doing? Come on in." She stepped back and let me walk into her home. "I take it you're here to see Pat? I hope you can drag him out of that basement. He hasn't been out of there in days."

I nodded. "Yeah, he hasn't been talking to me, so hopefully cookies can entice him a bit. I'm worried about him."

Mrs. Crawford put her hand on my shoulder as she led me to the basement door. "So am I," she said with a sigh. "But I'm sure he'll be glad to see you."

I could only hope. With the way he had been ignoring me, I wasn't so sure he wanted me here. Which is why I brought the cookies. Maybe they'd break whatever tension he put between us.

I gently knocked on the door before pulling it open. "Hey, Pat?" I called down the stairs. There was no response. "It's me. I'm coming down." I still didn't hear anything from him as I walked down the stairs. "Pat?"

He was curled up in his bed, under the covers. For a second, I thought he was sleeping, but then I realized his phone screen was lit up with some game on the screen. He was pretending to be asleep. How dare he.

I set the cookies down on a small table and tiptoed over to the bed. I pulled off my shoes and gently lifted up the covers before crawling in with him, wrapping my arms around him.

"I know you're awake," I whispered. "Why won't you talk to me?"

He rolled over to face me. There was a sadness in his eyes that broke my heart. "I don't know..." he sighed. "I'm sorry."

I brought my hand up to stroke his cheek. "What's wrong? Please talk to me. I brought cookies, if that helps."

He cracked a smile, then sighed again. "I just didn't feel like talking to anyone. Not even you. I'm sorry. I wanted to answer your texts, I did. I just... couldn't."

"It's okay. I understand." I had done a fair amount of research these past couple of days on depression. I knew that's what Pat struggled with, and it made sense that he was feeling particularly low right now. His parents were separated after probably twenty-some-odd years and I dropped the bombshell on him that I wasn't in love with him yet. Of course he wasn't going to be happy, but I didn't expect him to be this bad.

But no matter what, I was going to be there for him. I cared about him so much and I needed to show him that I did.

"Do you want a cookie?" I asked after a moment, breaking the silence that had fallen between us.

"I think I'd rather have sex right now, honestly."

I sat up. "Alright, but you don't even want a black and white cookie? They're your favorite, right?"

He smiled. "I love you. Where'd you put them? I'll just have one right now."

I laughed as I watched him clumsily toss the blanket off him and hurry over to the box of cookies. He shoved one in his mouth and grabbed another before coming back to bed.

"Okay, I'm better," he mumbled, still chewing that first cookie. "Let's have sex now."

He started pulling down my pants with the hand that wasn't holding the cookie, but I stopped him. "Are you sure you're okay? I mean, three minutes ago you barely wanted to talk to me."

"I'm fine, Bennett. Really." He held up the cookie that he hadn't eaten yet. "You brought my favorite."

He took a bite out of the cookie before starting to take my pants off again. This time, I let him. I even helped him take my clothes off, then his own. We laid on his bed next to each other, completely naked, as we waited for him to swallow the last bit of his cookie. As soon as he finished, he took a long gulp of water from the glass on his nightstand and immediately stuck his face in between my legs.

I gasped when his mouth landed on my little nub that I had down there. He had touched it other times, but he had never done that before. He sucked it into his mouth and I swear I almost came right then and there.

I put my hand on his head, pushing him back a little bit. "What are you doing?" I asked him.

"Was it bad? This is... new, for me."

I shook my head. "That felt really good. But you don't have to do that, really. I know it's not exactly your thing."

Pat crawled up me so that we were face to face. "As long as it makes you feel good, it's my thing. Because I love you."

Before I could say anything in response, Pat stuck a couple of his fingers inside me. I let out another gasp, throwing my arms around his neck as I buried my face into his shoulder. It was so unexpected of him, but I wasn't exactly complaining.

"Can I fuck this hole?" he whispered.

I nodded my head, leaning back a bit so that I was resting it on the pillow again. "You can fuck whichever one you want to fuck." I smiled and kissed him. "That's all up to you, gay boy."

He laughed, then pushed himself up so he could grab a condom. As he did so, I got hit by a wave of body odor.

"Hey, Pat? Don't take this the wrong way, but when was the last time you showered?"

"Uh..." He shook his head, sitting down on the bed. "I'm not sure, exactly."

I sighed and sat up. "You need one. So why don't we go do that now, okay?"

"You'll come with me?"

I let out a small laugh. "Sure, why not?" I started getting out of the bed when I noticed a cold plate of food sitting on his dresser. It looked like his mom has brought down breakfast hours ago and he never touched it. "After the shower, we're getting you some real food, too."

He looked like he was about to protest, eyeing up the cookies, but with a sigh, he agreed. He be alright again, I had to believe that. I was going to be here for him, through all of his struggles. No matter what.