34. The Best Moment

Patrick

I stared up at Bennett, who was sitting on me naked and straddling my lap. He was so gorgeous, even more so than I remembered him being. The sex was even better than I remembered, too.

Bennett ran his hands over my bare chest. "How are you doing? Honestly? We didn't exactly get a chance to talk."

I sighed. He was right. Pretty much as soon as that girl Angela left, Bennett and I locked ourselves in his bedroom. We've been here ever since, but there wasn't any talking going on until now.

I put my hand on his. "I'm alright. They have me on anti-depression meds, but it's fine."

"So you do have depression?"

I nodded, looking down at our entwined fingers. "Apparently that's where my insomnia was coming from and the lack of drive at work and why I broke so easily when I thought you hated me for telling you I love you."

Bennett laid down so his face was next to mine. "I could never hate you, especially not for that."

I kissed him softly. "I know that. Now."

Neither of us spoke for a moment. We just stared into each other eyes. It was the best moment of my life. Until he spoke again.

"Can I tell you something?"

I nodded, slightly worried. What could he possibly need to tell me right now? "Of course you can," I said, despite my racing heartbeat.

"I think I'm in love with you, too."

Now it was officially the best moment of my life. I crashed my lips onto his, rolling us over so that I was laying on top of him. I could feel myself getting hard again and I knew exactly where this was headed now.

Bennett loved me. There was no better feeling in the world.

I stopped kissing him, having an idea. "We should record ourselves. Make a video of this."

Bennett laughed. "Are you serious?"

He was laughing so hard, I rolled off of him and laid down next to him, my head buried in his pillow. "Never mind. That was stupid."

When he calmed his breathing down, I felt his fingers glide gently through my hair. "It's not stupid if that's what you want to do," he said. "I just wasn't expecting that. I'm sorry I laughed at you."

I turned my head up slightly to look at him. "So you'd do it? I mean if you don't want to, that's fine too. It was just an idea."

He sighed, resting his head on the pillow next to me. "I don't know, Pat. You know I hate what I look like. I don't think I could handle having me saved on a video looking like this. Maybe one day."

"Hey." I ran my hand down his chest, across his stomach, and stopped on his hip. "I think you're beautiful."

Bennett blushed, putting his hand on top of mine. "Don't say that."

"What else am I supposed to say?" It was the truth: Bennett was beautiful. I loved him so much. How could I not find him beautiful?

He rolled closer to me, resting his head on my chest. "You have to understand where I'm coming from," he said. "I fell in love with a straight man who couldn't love me because I was too male. You're a cis gay man. Now I'm worried that I'm not male enough for you."

I hugged him closer to my body. "You're perfect." I gently pressed my lips against the side of his head. "Don't ever think otherwise. I love you, Bennett."

There was a light knock on Bennett's bedroom door. We both scrambled to cover ourselves, but before we could, the door opened. Theresa poked her head in, a hand over her eyes.

"Hey, Ben? You're brother is here."

Bennett sighed and sat up. "Thanks, T. We'll be right out."

I laid back on the pillows, watching Theresa close the door again. "Great timing," I muttered. Why did he have to show up now, of all times?

Bennett let out a small laugh, grabbing his pants off the floor. "We've been in bed all afternoon, Pat. I forgot David and I were going to get dinner together tonight. You should come with us." He leaned over and gave me a quick kiss. "You can get to know him a bit better since we're dating and all."

I didn't know if I wanted to. Sure, David was a nice guy and everything, but I wasn't exactly feeling up to socializing tonight. That just seemed like too much effort for tonight.

"I don't know..." I sighed.

He gave me a small smile as he grabbed a shirt and pulled it over his head. "You don't have to if you don't want to. It was just a suggestion."

I felt so incredibly relieved when he said that, but that just made me feel worse. "I'm sorry. I just... I don't think I can right now."

"That's okay." He grabbed his phone and wallet off his dresser. "Do you want to hang out here until I get back or are you going to go home?"

I groaned, throwing my head back. I forgot I didn't still live here. "I wish I still lived here. It would be so much easier."

Bennett gave me another quick kiss. "I know. But we'll still make this work. I know we will." He started heading for the door. "I'm serious if you want to stay here. I'll be back in no more than a couple hours."

I nodded. "Yeah, okay." I didn't want to go back to my parents' house right now. Staying in Bennett's bed, even without him in it with me, was better than going back there tonight.