Chapter Ten

Y/n POV

- "Three month contract! Marry me... for three months, passionatley..."He utters.

I look at him stunned. Every time he spoke, there would always be more that would bombshell me.

- "What?" I question, as he sighs loudly.

- "Eun Soon-ah" He pauses, moving away from me a little; putting his hands in his trouser pockets.

- "I- I don't like her, I don't want to marry her" He continues.

- "Your fiance?" I question, staring at him blankly.

- "Mmm" He says in a low, husky tone looking down at me, making my heart pound a little.

- "S-so y-you like me?" I question again.

- "Well, you're better than her" He says. My stomach turned, this feeling was so familar. The feelings all started to come running back, those words, it hurt.

- "I need you so my parents don't make me marry her at the least" He says, looking away. Again, it hurt. 'Why does it hurt so much?' You thought.

Wait...

- 'Better than her'

- 'Contract'

- 'I don't know but they especially requested for you'  Chef Lee says.

It was all making sense. He never liked me or loved me, just needed me as a substitute. He needed to observe me before actually deciding. I feel my heart shattering in to pieces as everything stared to make sense.

- "Y/n" He voices.

- "Huh?" I say looking up from the floor.

- "So?" He contends

- "I- I need to think about it" I presume. He just nods.

- "Alright" He says as I look down. He turns his back, walking;  leaving me in the small, dark alleyway. I hear his car turn on, as he gets in to the back seat. After a few seconds, I can only hear the engine of the car fading away in to the distance.

And there it was, my heart has shattered. I fall to the floor as the weary bricks support my back, the first tear dropped, the second tear, the third tear and then the uncontrollable flood of tears deluged as I hugged my knees.

Time Skip

I laid on my bed thinking about the possible consequences of me actually marrying JEON JUNGKOOK! It can be a lot to handle, especially if he doesn't like you. I can't do this!

- "Y/n" I hear as the front door closes.

- "Eomma" I voice as I get up and go to greet her.

- "Heyy!" She says exhausted.

- "Hey! What's wrong?" I say walking up to her, grabbing her cold hands.

- "Nothing" She says walking over to our small living room, sitting down as I see blood dripping from her leg.

- "EOMMA! BLOOD!" I scream, causing her to quickly pull her long skirt down.

- "Who did this to you?!" I hear myself shout, running to get the first aid kit.

- "I'm ok Y/N. There was just some broken glass which I accidently cut my leg on" She says calmly. I didn't believe her. I make my way back to her, pulling her skirt up to see a deep cut making my heart ache, a tear strolled down my cheek.

- "Y/n! I'm ok! Don't worry, let me do it." She renders, trying to get the bandage off from me. I pull away and wipe my tear and carry on wiping the blood away.

- "Just..." I sigh

- "Just be careful" I whisper, as another tear strolls down my cheek, causing my mum to let out a little chuckle.

- "Ahhhh, I'm so lucky to have you!" She says pulling me for a tight hug.

After cleaning my mothers wound and tucking her away in to bed, I return to my small bedroom grabbing my phone.

I won't let my mother have a life like this anymore. I don't want to see her in pain anymore. I don't want her to spend the rest of her life like this anymore. I can't!

I grab my phone, calling the number that has been on my recents. I can feel my heart beat faster and faster as I hear it dialing.

- 'So, I'm guessing you made your mind-'

- 'What's in it for me?' I say cutting him off. I can hear him scoff from the other side.

- 'Well..whatever you want?' He voices

- 'I don't want my mother to suffer anymore. I want her to live the life that she wants' I assert. I can already feel him smirking from the other side, it was silent from a moment.

- 'Done' He confirms.

- 'Anything else?' He questions

- 'No' I say as I can feel my throat welling up.

- 'Then it's done ... my soon to be wife'

...............................................................

I fall on the floor as my eyes began to prickle again.

I'm actually getting married to Jeon Jungkook...