CH. 1 The Phone Call

(Anthony POV)

I was in the kitchen making breakfast while the T.V in the living room was on.

"The holidays are here." The Newswoman said, which caused me to roll my eyes.

My phone rang, and I knew who it was even before I walked over to answer it.

"Hello," I said to the phone. I heard my mom giggle, and as much as I wanted to roll my eyes, her giggle made me smile.

"Your favorite holiday is coming up!" She said over the phone, which caused the new form of a smile to drop.

I couldn't tell my mom that I no longer liked Christmas.

I was curious to know if my brothers and sisters liked the holiday. They had no reason not to like it.

I had two brothers and two sisters. We all got along great, surprisingly.

"So I told everyone you were bringing your girlfriend this holiday." My mother said.

I dropped my fork.

"You said what?" I asked her, shocked at the words that just came from her mouth.

She didn't; there's no way she did.

"Yes, I told everyone you're bringing your girlfriend this holiday. It just sort of happened, you know. I got excited that you met someone, and next thing you know, I was telling a white lie. I told everyone you would bring her without asking you to bring her." My mom said, letting out a loud giggle.

"So, now you have to bring her. I can't wait to meet her. By the way, you talk about her. I can tell that she makes you happy." My mother said on the phone with a cheerful tone added to her voice.

My hands were shaking.

"How many people have you told?" I asked her, nervous and scared of the response.

"I told your siblings, your dad. Your grandparents from both sets, your cousins, nieces, and nephews. So not that many people." She said, as if she wasn't giving me a heart attack right now.

But it was a big deal, and what does she mean by 'not that many people, she told the whole family.

Including my cousins, who won't even be at the family's cabin, so what was the point of her even telling them?

"Tell her to come with you. Hey, I have to do some grocery shopping. I'll talk to you later. I love you bye." my mother said, hanging up.

I sat there, stunned.

I'm a computer programmer, game developer, and software developer; I also make manga, web toons, and anime. I'm well known in that world, but in this world, I am what people will see as a huge nerd.

I wear glasses, but my vision was in good shape. I could see without my glasses, but wearing glasses helps more, and I like the style.

I have light green eyes that most don't know about because of my glasses until they're close to me or making direct eye contact. My jet black hair was something that I had to learn to love, as many people in middle school and the high school I went to thought it was dyed and also thought that I was going through an "emo phase," so it was something that made me stand out.

My body type is described as athletic. I go to the gym and work out, but it's not like I played any sports.

I'm 6'5, and I've always been a tall person, which made me a target for certain teachers that thought I was letting my height and features go to waste in high school.