CH. 9 Everywhere we go

(Anthony POV)

Everywhere we went, people were staring at Aimee. The fact that she didn't let it get to her or bother her had me in awe and worried.

It had me in awe because she didn't let the looks stop how she carried herself while walking. She didn't let the eyes bother her when she stared around analyzing things.

Aimee truly didn't understand that she was a Goddess, admired and feared by others.

But it also worried me.

I mean, look how easy it was for me to abduct her. What if she got abducted by the wrong person? Could you imagine that? Her getting abducted and taken from me, while I just took her myself just hours ago. No, we can't have that. I can't imagine that happening.

My eyes widened at the thought of her being taken while she was with me. Yeah, I wasn't going to let that happen.

"Are you okay?" Aimee asked me, taking me away from my thoughts. When I looked at her, I saw she had snacks in her arms, and I smiled.

We were at the gas station picking up some snacks for the road. We knocked down three hours and thirty minutes, so we had to quicken our pace because I did not want to spend my entire time driving, especially in this snow.

It was a 12-hour drive. After all, hopefully, the drive goes smoothly.

I was glad I went as early as I did to the cafe; otherwise, it would have been a long drive.

I stared at what Aimee was carrying.

I raised a brow at her choice of snacks.

"Chester Hot fires? Snickers? Twix? Dill pickle lays? Oreos? Goldfish and Wise Cheddar doodles?" I asked her watching her eyes widen.

"Yes." She said in a soft voice.

I almost wanted to laugh at the innocent look on her face.

"I'll pay for them, of course." She said.

She doesn't need to pay for anything around me. It was okay if she insisted, but it didn't bother me, paying for things she likes.

"No, don't worry about it. I'll pay for it. I just found it cute, that's all; you need some drinks too, you know." I said to her, realizing that she would need drinks for all of that.

She looked at me with a look in her eyes, as if she didn't expect me to offer such a thing. She turned around, making her way towards the drinks in the back of the store.

I chuckled at the fact that Aimee was a snack person.

I turned around and grabbed a couple of things myself to snack on because I had a feeling. Aimee wasn't going to share her snacks with me.

A ding noise was heard, letting everyone in the gas station store know that someone else had just come in.

I was grabbing some items till I heard voices that alerted me. It was what they said that started to tick me off.

"No way, look, it's the Ice Princess. What is she doing here?" A man's voice said.

My body stilled. I turned around and started walking in the direction of the voice.

I took off my glasses, just in case I needed to punch someone, and put them tucked in my shirt pocket. I found three men staring at where Aimee was. Aimee didn't notice them and was picking some drinks up.

"What is she doing here anyway? Shouldn't she be in her office? Gosh, I'm glad I'm part of the other firm. People from her firm say they're okay and good, but of course, few people still get the coldness from her." One of the guys said.