CH. 30 So go (Part 1)

CH. 30 So Go (Part 1)

(Aimee POV)

I was sitting in my living room, on the couch while the T.V was on. It's been some days since the incident happened.

It was December 30th, and the incident, with everyone going to jail because of what Gabriel had done, Anthony and I discussion happened on Christmas.

I haven't heard from him since, surprisingly, I had heard from his family. Lizzie had given me a new phone since mine was left behind and broken from when I was taken.

It didn't matter to me that it was, to be quite honest. If I could go back in time, the only thing I would change is me dating Gabriel. I wouldn't change anything about the kidnapping. I  also would have called Lizzie earlier and let her know that I was okay and decided to take a well-deserved break.

There was knocking coming from my front door.

"Go Away!" I yelled out, already knowing who it was and not in the mood to get up to open the door.

My front door opened, and marched in Lizzie.

"Knocking on the door was me being nice, especially since I already have the key and all," Lizzie said, approaching me on the couch.

"Then, Lizzie, there was no point in knocking, especially if you knew I wasn't going to answer," I said, rolling my eyes.

"What are you doing?" She asked me. I flipped through the channels, raising my remote to her.

"Looks like I'm watching T.V," I said as I continued flipping through the channels.

"You haven't left your place since Christmas, Aimee!" Lizzie said.

I shrugged my shoulders.

"There's really no point in leaving my place. I don't have to be back in the firm until January 7th, or was it the third? I don't know, anyway there's really no point in leaving my place at all," I said, eventually just turning off the T.V.

I wasn't even in the mood to watch T.V in the first place.

"You're kidding right, just go to him." She said to me. I turned to look at Lizzie, who was narrowing her eyes at me.

"Go to who?" I asked, pretending I didn't know what she was talking about.

She looked at me with a 'are you serious' look, and I raised a brow at her as if I honestly had no idea what she was talking about.

"Aimee, stop acting like that. You've been here since we left the station. It's obvious that you're sad, it's obvious that you care about this man, so just go to him, just get up and go to him right now." Lizzie said.

I turned my head away and ignored her.

She let out an exhausted sigh and made her way to me. She sat next to me and looked directly at me.

"Aimee, you're in love. Do you know that?" Lizzie said, looking at me.

"Well, apparently I'm not. Apparently, it's Stockholm Syndrome," I said, shrugging.

"Aimee, you've got to be fucking kidding me. You're a lawyer, Aimee, a damn good one, and you know that Anthony was probably scared when he said that. I mean, you have to think about it from his point of view. He's had a crush on you since you've started going to that cafe place. So he knows for sure he loves you, but he's scared that his love isn't like your love." Lizzie said.

I looked at her, and she stared at me, smiling softly.

"I told him I love him, and he doubted that. I've never told a man I loved them before, and he doubted my love for him," I said. Lizzie shook her head.