CH. 28 Handcuffed for Life?

CH. 28 Handcuffed For Life?

(Anthony POV)

I was speechless, and I was utterly silent.

To say I was expecting something like this would be a lie because the truth is, I didn't expect any of this at all.

"Are you serious?" I asked in a soft voice. I was in disbelief.

Was she really proposing to me?

Was Aimee Robinson really proposing to me?

The woman I had a crush on from afar, the woman I kidnapped, the woman who became my girlfriend, and the woman I love is proposing to me.

"Of course I'm serious, I mean. I'm on one knee. I have a ring and the handcuffs, which I thought would be cute. So yes, I'm serious." Aimee said.

"I have no idea what the handcuffs have to do with anything." My niece Heather whispers.

"Me either; maybe it's a thing between them." My nephew Kenneth said.

"I really hope it isn't anything freaky, as there are kids here." My nephew Kyle said.

"I know, we're the kids," Heather whispered back to them.

"Do you not accept my proposal?" Aimee asked me, still in her kneeling position.

I saw sadness cross her face; not wanting her to think I was rejecting her, I quickly worked on easing her worries away.

"Baby, it's just," I said, running my fingers through my hair.

"Ugh," I said, going towards her presents.

I tore the one present I was looking forward to her to open, walked towards her, and got on my knee.

I opened the box, which showed a diamond ring that I knew she would love.

"It will be an honor to be handcuffed to you for life," I said, feeling the tears fall from my eyes.

"Oh, My God!" I heard my mother scream.

"Wow, that's pretty epic." My Brother Klein.

"You were going to propose?" Aimee asks with tears in her eyes.

"Yes, but you beat me to it. Which is fine. I like how it turned out." I said.

I took her hand.

"Can I put the ring on your finger, so we can make this official? I'm assuming your answer is yes, exactly like my answer?" I asked her. She quickly nodded her head, causing me to let out a soft laugh.

I place the ring on her finger.

"How did you know my size?" She asked me.

"I took it while you were sleeping," I said, feeling my face get heated. I mean, once a weirdo, always a weirdo.

Her eyes widened as she looked at me. She took my hand and placed the ring she got me on my finger.

"I did the same thing." She said, smiling.

I laughed, grabbed her, and pulled her into a hug.

Clapping was heard all around us.

"This is the most amazing Christmas ever!" My mother said as she wiped her tears away.

My phone started ringing, I was going to avoid it, but I figured I'd look at who's calling and figure out if it was worth picking up or not.

As I stood up with Aimee, I took my phone out of my pocket. It wasn't a number I recognized.