CH. 11 Christmas songs

(Anthony POV)

Aimee decided to turn the radio on, and I didn't know if she heard what I said or not.

Part of me was hoping she heard what I said. I wouldn't mind if she heard it and, to be honest if I had the guts to say it out loud. I would have said it out loud.

I knew I was insane, picturing a future with someone I abducted and knowing that I could end up in trouble for what I've done.

But I couldn't help myself, I couldn't help feeling the way I did for her, and I no longer cared if it was shown anymore.

Another part of me wanted her to give me a chance, even with everything that had happened.

Could you blame me? Since I've laid eyes on Aimee, I wanted her, and now she was within my reach.

Of course, I wanted her to fall for me as I've fallen for her.

That would honestly be a dream come true; maybe even a lovely Christmas Miracle can happen to a guy like me. I could only hope.

A Christmas song came on the radio; I rolled my eyes.

I used to like Christmas, but then I realized I couldn't get what I wanted each time it came. I would get gifts, of course, from friends and family, but what I wanted was a girlfriend who would understand me, who would come into my life and want to be with me. Someone that I could be proud to call mine. So if anyone had handed me one for Christmas, I would have gladly accepted that a couple of years ago, but right now, I had my attention and focus on one person. I wanted one person to be a part of my family.

I love my family. My siblings started dating, having families of their own. Now my younger brother, the one who had happened to be single with me.

He was no longer single, and he, too, was bringing his boyfriend over for the holidays. So I was the only one left.

With a pretend girlfriend.

My ears picked up a soft voice, and it sounded beautiful.

I thought it was coming from the radio until I realized that Aimee was singing.

I've heard her sing before when she sang the prayer song, but I haven't heard her sing like this.

My eyes widened.

"Holy crap, you can sing," I said to Aimee, which got her to stop singing.

Why did she stop singing?

"Why did you stop? Woman? You can sing; you sounded like Whitney Houston just now. Do you know how great that is?" I said, being excited for her.

"Sorry, I guess I got carried away by the song." She said. She was not giving me an answer on why she stopped singing.

"Why'd you stopped singing?" I asked her again, and she gave me a shrug. As if this woman didn't come out with vocals that would put anyone to shame.

"I really don't sing around people anymore." She said, which caused me to glance at her.

I looked at her face, figuring out what she meant about not singing around people anymore.

"What do you mean? Did something happen?" I asked her, curious why someone with a voice like that wasn't showing it out more.

If I had a voice like that, I would never stop singing. I mean, there are celebrities out there who can't sing but have fame. Imagine if Aimee put herself out there.