-Past

Rose

I look around at the situation in front of me.

How'd I get kidnapped again? I must've really been off my game.

The boys brawl and I been spoting so many holes in their defense, the cringe is so bad.

What the hell has Ryder done to these men? How is this one of the strongest gangs in the world?

After talking to Ryder, I came back and told the group to partner up and test their skills. But now seeing the mess they are, I've got a lot of work ahead of me.

Ryder sits on the table, next to my bags. I've avoided looking at him for the past 30 minutes.

He's trying to dig too deep into my life and I don't want him hurt. I already accepted his help with the boys and because of that, I'm not alone, but when it comes down to it, I'm the one who has to face my father. I don't want Ryder thinking he has to just to protect me. I'm not weak, I don't need anyone as my bodyguard.

I sigh and relax my tense shoulders.

"Stop! Just stop." They all separate and look to me.

I point to a random guy in the crowd.

"You. Come here." He looks around nervously and walks towards me.

"I want you to throw a punch at my gut." He stands in front of me finally but keeps switching his gaze from me to behind him.

"Are you sure?" He seems terrified.

"Very, now hurry up."

I tense my abs, just in case he gets through my defense.

He shakes as he gets into position. I wait.

His punch comes unsure, but powerful. I take the heal of my palm and hit the side of his hand, changing the direction of the assault, also throwing his balance off.

He falls and I'm quick to grab his arm and push it behind his back, dropping down with him.

He lands with an arm painfully twisted under him, and me straddling him making sure his arm stays where it is.

I let go as he crys out in pain.

"So sorry. But you were a great example. Thanks--"

All of a sudden, I feel my collar being pulled upwards as I am lifted.

I look to the culprit and find Ryder, with a sour expression on.

He puts me down and I steady myself on my two feet.

"What's wrong with you? That was for demonstration only. Stop being so jealous." I say, dusting off my knees.

He crosses his arms and pout.

"I don't ever want you on top of a guy like that unless it's me. If you need someone to use as an example, use me." He looks at me now intensely, with his arms down and his fists clenched.

What a kid.

I scoff.

"Training is over. I'll teach you guys that move in two days. Be sure to get here before 6. Or don't bother, cause I won't let you join. Bye for now." I wave and stomp back on the house, heading up towards my room.

Ryder is so annoying.

I reach my room and walk in, turning to slam the door but Caleb stands there, holding it open.

"Did you need something?" I ask, confused.

"I have a question for you. Can I come in?" He says in the doorway.

"Sure..." I open the door, cautiously, easing backwards to my bed, not taking my eyes off him.

I sit and he stands leaning next to the door staring at me.

"What does the name Busken mean to you?"

I stiffen, but quickly relax myself.

I hope he didn't catch that.

Surprise and fear course through me.

"Nothing." I try to seem relaxed and content. Like before, with my father's clients. I was good at this then.

Damn it, I should've practiced my skills or something.

Silence. Both of us stare back into the others eyes.

What the hell does he know about Busken?

Fuck. I might be in trouble.

"You're lying, you tensed up just now, when I said the name. You're... Is it you?" He pushes himself off the wall and walks towards me.

Relax. Relax. Relax. Relax. Relax.

I keep a calm expression on my face. I hope.

He stops right in front of me, and kneels down to my level.

His face hovers a couple inches away from mine. I stare at his face and try to think back if I remember him. Who is he?

His eyes widen suddenly and shock mirrors his facial expression.

Shit.

"It is you, Rose Amor. Rose, I've been looking for you for so long. You've been here the whole time? Right under my nose?" Joy fills his eyes, and his hands grab onto my cheeks.

Is he one of my fathers men? How does he know the Busken? What is even going on?

"Who are you?" I ask, feeling a tremor throughout my whole body.

He leans in closer, his lips come so close to mine, I feel his breath fan my face.

I move to get him away from me but he grabs my hand.

"I knew it might be you from the time you flipped me over in the living room." He chuckles.

"I've missed you so much."

"Who. Are. You?" I ask, slowly trying to control my breathing.

"I'm--" He's ripped away from me and Ryder stands over him, looking down at him with fury and hate.

"What the fuck is going on in here?!" He shouts.

"Nothing. I had something in my eye and she was getting it out." I snap my gaze to Caleb.

You tell him and I'll tell your father exactly where you are.

Ryder stares at me, missing Caleb mouthing his threat to me.

"Yeah, don't get too worked up. He came in here for some notes." I've never felt so weak and dumb in my life.

But I have no choice.

Ryder looks between us for a minute.

"Get out, Caleb."

Caleb stares at me as he leaves, winking before the door closes.

"You. Get in bed. We're taking a nap together." Ryder says, stripping off his shirt and shoes.

For once I don't protest. I'll deal with this later. I'll lose my mind if I try to now.

We get in bed and I snuggle into his naked chest as he tightens his hold on my waist.

I feel a wave of exhaustion pass through me and I can't be more thankful for Ryder's arms around me, keeping me from falling somewhere dark, in the pits of mind. My past.

I sleep holding on to my rock as he keeps me safe from my monsters.
______________________________________

Next update - 12/9/18 (today sorry for late update) reupdate*

153k

12/2/18

I am soooo sorry this update is late I was a bit busy last night and I couldnt get it out.

Thank you sooooooo much guys for ur support.

+++What do you guys think of the new development? Comment please!!! I need to know.

Anyways thats all love you guys.

Ciao.