-Memories

Rose

Three days... Fuck.

I lie down next to a sleeping Ryder and stare at his face.

There are cameras watching us right now, tapes recording us and all I can do is sit here?

Hell no.

Leaving feels best even though we'd still be recorded somehow by our clothes.

An idea pops into my mind and I feel a bitter sorrow that runs through me but is for the best.

"Ryder, wake up." I shake him a bit but he doesn't stir.

"Ryder!" I place my hands on his chest and suddenly, he grabs my hand and pulls me onto his chest.

I yelp and fall.

He chuckles, now holding me down with both his arms. I sit up on his lap and he lets me, loosening his hold on my waist.

I straddle him and he lifts his upper body, scooching back to lean on the wall. He leans into my face and I can't help the smile that appears.

"C'mon, we have to go buy me a phone." I say, running my fingers through his hair.

"Why? You've never needed it before."  He draws circles on my hips with his thumb.

"I have a little money saved up and I want to spend it, so I want a phone. Just get the fuck up. I'm going to brush my teeth." I say, shuffling off of him.

"Damn... If you're trying to grind on me, do it right." He looks at me intensely and I roll my eyes, scoffing.

"Hurry up and get ready, let's make this a date. Maybe we can just go away for the next couple of days. Stay at a hotel, chill, eat, just do shit together. That's what I want right now." I feel the ever-present pain in me spark.

This is our last hoorah, I'll do what I've wanted to do since I felt this feeling towards him.

I'll go all out. I know it's selfish but I need this. These memories might be the only things keeping me happy when I leave.

Ryder looks at me, stunned.

"R-really? I'm not used to you being so honest. It's cute. So fucking adorable. Shit, you're trying to kill me." He puts his hand on his chest and pats it.

"Just let me calm my heart down, ok? You go ahead before I jump you or something." He waves me off, still touching his chest.

I almost giggle, who's the cute one here?

I walk into the bathroom and shut the door, looking into the mirror, seeing a bright smile on my face.

I sigh.

I'll miss him. I'll miss him so much.

These two days, I'll pretend like nothing happening. Like I'm not leaving, and everything's fine.

These final days will just be about Ryder and I. Nothing else.

I nod to myself.

The door bursts open as I reach for my toothbrush and my hand automatically fists as I flinch back.

Ryder grabs my shoulders and pulls me in, laughing.

"I didn't know you were such a scaredy cat." He says, still clearly amused.

"But I already knew you were childish, so hurry up and brush your teeth so we can go." I pull away from him, smiling.

"Yeah ok... Boo!" He shouts, putting his hands up.