-Unforgivable

Ryder

Three days have passed since Rose left.

All the men have arrived and training is in full swing. We have over 1000 people training at different locations because my house is only so big. I can't fit everyone in my backyard.

I stare into my bathroom mirror and hold the sink with clenched fists.

Three days.

How long does she want us to practice for? How long until it's too late? Why don't I just catch the next flight to Italy and walk in, gun blazing?

Rose, why weren't you selfish about your freedom? Why do you care so much about the people here to protect you? Why'd you push me away to protect me when all I want to do is protect you?

This is so...stupid. All of this. Rose should be with me now. She should've never left.

Why was I so oblivious? I couldn't even catch it.

I turn on the pipe and splash ice-cold water on my face.

The more we train, the faster we can get her. I shouldn't spend so much time in my thoughts. What's happening is in front of me so I need to stop looking back on regrets I have.

The past builds the present, and present decisions, create the future. All of it comes and goes and the cycle repeats. Life is too short and I want to spend every moment left with her.

I grab the towel from the rack and dry my face.

I hear shouts from outside, probably coming from my backyard. They've started. Good.

I won't let this last more than two weeks. I need her back before I lose my mind.

Rose

I glare back at my father as he sits across from me in the living room.

"So what do you want?" I ask, rolling my eyes.

"Your mother wanted to talk to you. Listen to her, if you give her a hard time... I don't know what'll do." He leans forward and his eyes darken. He's being serious.

I chuckle.

"I'm so scared. I think you'd so a better job threatening me if you shot me." I smirk.

"Don't give me ideas."

"Why not? I'd like to see you go all out and do what you really want to, kill me."

He flinches back and the hard look in his eyes softens for a second. Like he's actually hurt by what I said.

I scoff.

If he thinks acting will get through to me, he's seriously forgotten who I am.

"Are you gonna cry? Let's be honest and stop with the act. I'm already pissed off having my nap interrupted just now. Just bring her in and let me go back to bed." I lay back in the couch and stretch. It's been three days and they want me out my room for something as stupid as my mother's words.

Something I gave up on a long time ago.

He swallows and looks to the ground, avoiding eye contact all of a sudden. Nodding, he calls for my mom and I watch as she walks next to him and sits.

"What do you want?"

I understand my Dad needs me for some dumbass alliance, but this bitch has had 3 years to say anything to me, and she chose not to. That says enough.

"Rose...," she starts, "I'm sorry."

I roll my eyes so far back, I panic for a second thinking they might get stuck.

"For what?" I almost choke out.

"Not being a mother to you these last years. I-I know I-" I cut her off.

"So you knew. You knew you had left your daughter behind in this reality to drown in your 'sorrows' like we both weren't suffering. You made me think we were in this together then left me alone. There's no need to say sorry cause I know you'd do it again in a heartbeat. I don't forgive you. I don't think I can." I get quiet and look into my lap.

All this time I've been waiting for her to open up. Turns out she didn't need me to heal her wounds, she didn't even give me a chance. She just wanted to ignore them and continue to live like we're perfectly fine. Where's the mom who dragged me out of here with her, across the ocean? I miss her.

"Rose, I love you, it's just that I realized leaving your father was a mistake, one I wasn't sure I could take back. But your father willingly accepted us again, I want us to start over-"

"Shut the fuck up. I have nothing to say to you. Don't call me out of my room ever again for some dumb shit like this." I get up and stomp upstairs feeling my whole body tremble with anger.

Had I stayed there any longer I would've squared her in jaw. Everything she says pisses me off, even her being around makes my skin crawl.

I open my door and slam it shut.

The first real conversation we've had in 3 years and she wasted it on my father.

I scoff.

Am I even surprised? I knew she was going to spit something stupid. My Dad knew it too, he warned me not to pop off.

I did though. So does that mean he'll kill me?

I jump on my bed and stuff my face into the pillow.

I can't die, I have Ryder now, but I like seeing him lose to me. He can't kill me because of the alliance and me suggesting it, doesn't help his situation.

I'm tired of everyone. I just need Ryder.

Everyone in my life has been unreliable and disappointing, except him.

That's probably why he's the only one I'd ever want to depend on. The only I do.

My moms got this wrong idea of love in her heart and it's sad. I'm done trying to help her, maybe I should do more but I don't care. Just like how she didn't care about me.

I won't forgive her. I don't think it's possible.

Ever.
______________________________________

1.49M

3/9/19

Hey guys not much to say, I have a musical going on right now so its hard to update, were rehearsing a lot it's kinda annoying. Whatever though.

I wanted to get this out to yall. Today.

So what do you guys think of her mother? Her dad too?

Go check this book out on Ficfun if you want to support me as author, this book will still be complete and freee here don't worry, just if you read it there and use your coins I get money too. Tormented too. Check it out by the end of this month and theyll be there. Thank you.

The support as always is crazy i love you guys.

Ciao.