-Countdown

Rose

I snuggle up next to Ryder, as the clock ticks 4:00am and we still lie awake in each other's arms.

We decided to binge the Harry Potter series, cause it has like 10 movies and apparently sleep wasn't on or agenda.

I don't even know where we are anymore.

Ryder plays with my hair and I yawn into his chest. Reaching over next to him, I try to grab a chicken wing. My finger tips pat the plate and find it empty.

I look up at Ryder, and he avoids my eyes with a smirk on his face. I told him to save me the last one, I'm too fat to not eat what I wanna eat. What the fuck? I'm the only allowed to be a fatass in this relationship.

I pout up at him.

Ryder scoffs at me.

"You couldnt find the last wing?" He asks, in a childish tone.

I shake my head, pouting still.

"Are you gonna to cry? Cry." He hugs me tight to his chest.

"I'll hold you all night so its okay to let it all out." He says, smothering me in his arms.

My mood darkens and his words remind me of today. It's today. The day I wish would back the fuck off forever.

I sigh and push him off me. Sitting up in the bed, I face Ryder.

"What is it? Are you seriously mad I ate the last wing? It was my snack to begin with. I didn't touch your-" He stops, noticing my blank stare.

"I just wanted to say I'm going to school today, no matter what. That's all, let's go to sleep now. Turn off the TV." I say, sleepily, trying to make it seem like I'm completely calm, but inside, I feel like the pieces of my world are being taken off one by one, and I'm the one peeling them off, one painful piece by another.

I'll put the pieces back. Ryder and I will together.

I lay back next to him and turn so we're facing each other.

"Why do you want to go back to school all of a sudden? I thought you hated the place." He asks, wrapping an arm around my waist, pulling me closer into him.

"I need to make my own money someday, and I've been going to school for 8 years so that's the way I'm going to do it." I say sincerely, even though at the moment, that reason isn't exactly true.

"As long as you're with me, you can do whatever you want. You didn't need that last chicken wing when you have me, the wings willing to help you fly to no limits. You could eat me too, if you know what I'm feeling. I bet I taste better than that hot wing." He winks and we both burst into laughter.

I put my fingers to his lips and lean in even closer to him.

"You have no fucking idea what road you're trying to go down and I'm not sure you're ready. For. Me." I whisper in his ear, emphasizing the last words.

He stiffens and I feel a pressure start to build on my stomach.

His smirk appears again.

"I think I'm perfectly ready. For. You." I shiver as his breath travels down my neck.

I smirk.

"That's cute. I'm tired though so good night." I turn, bringing my back to his front and grinding into my spot for comfort.

He groans and my smirk widens.

I put my head down and close my eyes.

Nothing like being a good tease before bed.