-Blackmail

Half ryder half rose btw.

Ryder

"Break the lock! C'mon, we've done this before. You're gonna get us caught!" Ethan whispers at Lucas.

"Shut up." With that he cracks open the door and we all file in.

"Finally..." Ethan remarks, turning the corner out of the kitchen presumably to his locker. Will follows him.

Luke and I go to find his note.

We decided to sneak in using the backdoor, with our hoodies up and our hands gloved, we should be fine. There's no evidence it was us.

The moonlight lights the dark hallway as we jog to his locker. Lucas stops and seems lost as he looks up and down the wall.

"What is it?" I whisper.

"I forgot which one my locker is... I don't exactly come to school much." He says avoiding my eyes.

I suck my teeth and push him aside.

He's so fucking lucky I memorized all three of their locker numbers and the passwords.

Opening the container, a crumbled up tissue sits in front of me with some kind of red mark. Like a combat letter.

I smile.

"This is it." I grab it.

Lucas reaches over and snatches it from me. My heart skips a beat and I gasp.

"It could've ripped! Be fucking careful!" I hit him in the back of his head.

"Oh, sorry, but this letter is mine. She would've gave it to you if she wanted you to have it. There's a reason she left it to me." He holds it in his fist and nods.

"We're all reading it together. Don't think you're special. We all got one." I close the locker and we begin walking towards the back exit.

"This is the first thing Rose has ever entrusted me with. I feel like it's my responsibility to do exactly what she wants. She's our queen." He seems to be talking more to himself than me.

"Whatever." I don't like that 'our' in his statement. It's like I'm sharing her. After all this blows over, I won't let her out my sight. No more secrets, we'll be together always.

I don't think I ever want to be away from her again. Even now, I'm going crazy and it hasn't been a full day yet.

I just want to be stuck on her.

"You guys took your time." Ethan and Will stand at the exit waiting for us.

"Blame him he-" Suddenly the alarm goes off and we spring into action, running out the door.

"We're outta time!" Will says as we run.

"I thought you said you disabled the inside cameras and alarms!" Lucas yells over the beeping.

"It was only for 10 mins any longer and they'd get suspicious!" Will responds, hoping in the driver's seat as we jump in the back.

"Let's just get the hell away, huh?" Ethan suggests, as we all awkwardly try to fit.

"Yup!" Will hits the gas pedal and we speed for the mansion.

I don't have to sit in some jail cell, while Rose is rotting away in that prison.

Getting caught isn't an option.

We drive down the road and Will slows down, turning as if we didnt just escape from the school.

Two police car pass by us and we all let out an audible sigh of relief.

Shit, that was close.

"Tell us next time you decide to put a time limit on our little adventures, ok?" Ethan crawls to shotgun.