-Go

Ryder

From the moment I saw Rose, it was like my life began going again. Like someone pressing resume on a movie.

I almost lost it, wanting to run up to her and just keep her in my arms forever. But I kept it under control and right now, I need to get her to safety.

Gunshots fly through the church as the most of my men fight outside on the open yard against the backups and some in here against the audience members.

Rose and I hold our ground, as she takes one of the machine guns from around me.

"You don't need it." I say.

"I want to protect you too. I won't go for kill shots though, these are my people and the only thing they did wrong was getting involved with this family. My family."

I nod at her.

It seems she's done a lot of growing up here. I'm sad I couldn't keep her from going through this but she didn't break under the pressure, no, instead she learned to rise above it.

That's my girl.

My thoughts are interrupted as Rose steals a knife from my belt and begins slicing through her wedding dress. I cover her, shooting at anyone aiming towards us.

"Sexy, I like it." I say, as she disregards the scrap pieces to the side of the altar.

"It makes it easier to move, stupid it's not for you. Plus, I never liked the stupid thing." She says, smirking adjusting herself so she's ready.

"But I guess you liking it, is a bonus. Let's go." She winks at me and jumps into action, taking out the enemy by shooting at their legs and hands, not missing even one target.

"Damn, I fucking love her." I murmur under my breath, unable to control the smile playing on my lips.

"Wait for me!" I shout slightly, jumping from the altar to the aisle, after her.

We work together as a team, watching each other's weak spots and openings, making sure to cover them.

Just the closeness of her body has me on a high. I'm back where I belong.

She lightly pats my shoulder, signaling me to duck as she shoots the feet of the attacker behind me.

I smirk as we almost dance around each other, avoiding gunshots but on offense as well.

She suddenly freezes, staring behind me, as an arm quickly comes around my neck and pull me harshly backwards. I instantly struggle.

"Rose, call them off. You know I love you, but you can't leave with him." From the tone, I realize it's her dad and calm down a bit.

After what happened earlier, I don't think he's such a bad guy anymore and I know Rose is hurting. She cares about him a lot. How I see it, she was a little girl who loved her dad but he disappointed her, and that disappointment turned into resentment. There was never any real hate, just pain.

It was something I couldn't save her from, no, that's a job only for her father.

"Stop talking to me like that, like you're being cautious or something. Tell it to me straight so I can get mad."

Her father's grip loosens but is nevertheless present.

"You can't just fall in love with some punk. Do you know who he is, what he does? It's no worse than us and you hate this group, so how can you accept him? Sooner or later, you'll regret ever loving him, seeing how brutal he can be."

His voice cracks on the last sentence. He sounds like he's speaking from experience.

"This is nothing like what happened with you and mom, ok? I don't know if it was threats making you treat her like shit, but Ryder would never do that to me, he knows better." Rose shouts at her father. She seems on the edge of tears and my hands itch to comfort her.