5 | Duchess of Mandalore

Her footsteps vibrated off the glass walls of the structure surrounding her

Her footsteps vibrated off the glass walls of the structure surrounding her. Outside, the night was an eerie dark, threatening to consume all that laid within it. Stretched out before her in the seemingly endless hallway was a throne that stood tall and proud. A shadowy figure wearing a cloak was standing in front of the throne. The persons back was turned away from the Jedi who approached.

She couldn't see the persons face, but her heart already knew who it was. Over her shoulder, the sound of upcoming footsteps flooded the quiet hall. The sound of an inescapable fate. She quickened her pace, outreaching her hand to the figure in front of the throne.

They spun on their heel, reaching up to grab the Jedi's wrist before she could touch them. Their once blue eyes were now yellow. She attempted to pull away, but their grip was too strong. Sounds echoed throughout the throne room. An igniting saber, screams, and a heart-shattering goodbye.

"I've loved you, always"

The Jedi could feel an overwhelming sense of agony, and heart break. She used the force to push the figure away from her and she ran back for the exit, unable to remain there anymore.

"You should have been there! You abandoned me, you betrayed me!"

The exit looked to be moving farther and farther away from her with each step that she took. She sensed that something was chasing behind her, a dark, overpowering figure. There wasn't any way to escape it.

Her emerald eyes shot open, and she sat up swiftly in her bed. Sunlight poked in through the drawn blinds of her window. Outside, the endless city was bustling. The sun was just barely over the horizon. She sat on the edge of her bed, running her fingers through her hair to calm her mind. Dreams such as this were becoming more consistent.

Today was the day that Obi-Wan would return from his small mission to Mandalore. He was bringing the duchess with him. The Council had assigned Dakota with the task of being her Jedi escort during her stay here on Coruscant.

She got up from her bed, quickly getting ready for the day. Light music played from her speaker as she tied her dark hair into a bun, allowing a few loose pieces to hang. There was distress present inside of the Jedi, but she forced it down to present herself properly.

Padawan Ahsoka Tano was roaming the hallways when Dakota emerged from her room. Anakin, her Master, was with Obi-Wan currently so she didn't have all that much to do "Master Ky!" She waved, quickening her pace down the hallway.

Dakota paused and waited for her to catch up, speaking with her once she got close enough "I'm sure you just love it when your Master goes on missions and leaves you behind".