22 | Duel of Fates

A/N: Long chapter, ew, sorry

This was the first time that Dakota had come in contact with the Count. He use to serve as a Jedi, but he fell to the dark-side of the force long before she had arrived at the Temple. He had been the Master of the great Qui-Gon Jinn. His strength was unprecedentedly immense, and his presence grew like a blazing fire as he walked closer to her. She remembered that he was the one behind their capture on Geonosis last year, and was the one who cut off Anakin's arm, and now, he was aiding Death Watch "You're in league with the separatists" she muttered to Pre Vizla who stood in front, her voice turning into a growl "It makes sense, considering that you can't do anything on your own"

"Master Ky, it is about time that we met" the Count spoke out warmly, pausing in front of her. He almost sounded kind. His arms were hidden under his dark cloak that fell from his shoulders and to the ground.

"What's going on here" she demanded lowly as more Death Watch warriors were coming into view. They emerged onto the casino landing platform and positioned themselves sporadically around Count Dooku and the Jedi. They all held weapons and blasters in their hands, as if preparing to fight. These warriors are her old people, brethren by culture, but separated because of the Jedi order. She did not recognize the violent ways of the Death Watch, nor the pacifist manner of the Mandalorians. She was committed to the Jedi, and to the Republic. It's something that she has to constantly remind herself.

"You are in no position to ask questions" Vizla snapped, pushing her forward sharply. Her eyes shot towards him, but then she suddenly noticed that a sword was sheathed at his waist. It was attached to his armors belt. She searched her brain until she located a conversation with Obi-wan in her memory. When he took a trip to Mandalore not too long ago, he had come across Pre Vizla as well. Obi-wan had told her that he dueled against the Death Watch leader, and he had fought back with a black saber. This must be that same black saber on his belt. The handle was about the same length as a lightsaber, but slimmer. She acted as if she didn't see it. A plan was beginning to brew in her mind.

"Your reputation is impressive" Count Dooku complimented with a slight nod of his head "so your capture is all the more meaningful"

"I'm flattered" she responded.

"You will lose that tone sooner or later, Master Ky. You have to in order to live" Dooku turned away with his hands linked together behind his back "bring her onto my ship" he ordered Vizla.

The Death Watch leader reached to grab the chains around her wrists again, but she acted quick. She was done playing prisoner. She snaked her hands to the side and grasped the handle of the dark saber at his waist, pulling it from the sheath and not wasting any time in igniting the weapon. The sound of its ignition was more smooth and compressed as compared to a lightsaber. She flipped it in her fingers, cutting the shackles at her wrist in the blink of an eye and the cuffs around her ankles as well. She lifted her hand, using the force to sharply push Pre Vizla back. Count Dooku stopped walking, and turned to look over his shoulder. She stood in a defensive position, with the shackles that once bonded her laying broken on the ground.