25 | The Unspoken

A/N: I waited 25 chapters to finally use this gif

A/N: I waited 25 chapters to finally use this gif. I love them sO mUcH.

💫

All three of the officials in the room were frozen in place as Commander Cody held up the blinking communication link. This means that everything that had just been spoken about in secret inside of the control room was being listened to by someone outside. The amount of deceit was astonishing.

Dakota looked over the 212th Commanders shoulder to peer down at the communication link. Rex was by the exit of the room, and the doors automatically slid open at his presence. That's when he noticed a shadowy figure all the way down the hallway, and it was undoubtedly up to no good "Hey, stop!" The Captain ordered, yelling out to the person who started to run away once being caught. Dakota stood still as Cody set the comm link down on the table and ran out of the room after Rex, who had gone after the spying figure.

She walked towards the door without urgency and poked her head around the corner, just in time to see the two soldiers disappear down the hallway in pursuit of the spy. In her head, the pieces began to click into place. Who else could this trader be but a fellow clone trooper? They have access to the plans, the intel, the comm links, and the means to get away with it all. That means, one of her own men are working for the Separatists. The thought alone sparked the slightest bit of anger in her chest.

She followed after Captain Rex, scanning the halls as she went just in case the spy was out and creeping around. The halls were empty, with all of the clone troopers recovering from today's battles. She rubbed her fingers along her jaw, wondering where in the world her Captain could have gone in such a short amount of time "We think we encountered the spy, but he must have gone in the mess hall" Rex spoke out from behind, and Dakota briskly turned to see him.

"So, it's one of the clones?" she asked, coming to a stop in front of him with her arms crossed. The lightsaber dangled at her hip. She already had a feeling that- that was the case.

"We believe so"

"Where's Cody?"

"Still in the mess hall"

Dakota ran her fingers through her stark dark hair at the back of her head, closing her eyes for a long moment in slight frustration "okay" she breathed out heavily "looks like it's going to be a long night, Captain. Tell Cody to get in contact with Kenobi and Skywalker, and fill them in on everything. Let's get back to the control room" she paused as Anakin's small astromech droid glided around the corner, beeping in greeting as he came down the hallway "Artoo" she bent down beside the droid, resting her hand on the blue of his head. A sudden thought popped into her mind "Come with us, bud. We may need you"