24 | Red

"I'm here!"

"I'm here!"

"Just answer me next time, Rex, don't scare me like that" she snapped sharply and pulled the Captain back to his feet, she then removed her saber from her belt and ignited the double-sabers. They had been separated briefly because of the sudden explosion from the enemy. The tanks were drawing closer and closer to them by the second. She glanced around the corner, being able to see the droids moving forward. The cloud of smoke was clearing slowly. Rex whipped his blasters out from his armors belt and prepared to fire "There's two of them ahead" Dakota warned "I need to take them out"

"What's the plan, General?"

"Just shoot, but don't shoot me" she said simply, stepping around from behind the protective wall. The droids were preparing to shoot another blast. She dashed forward in a zig zag pattern, leaping up into the air fearlessly to face the oncoming tank. Her sabers slashed through the barrel of the tanks cannon blaster, cutting it up into several pieces as she walked along the roof of the vessel. The droid pulled out his blaster, but she cut its weapon in half. Rex shot the droid from behind, taking it out for her. There was another droid present inside of the tank. She used the force to lift it out in the air, and crush it into a ball of sparks and metal.

The second tank was aiming its cannon directly at her. Rex yelled out to warn her of the threat. It fired, erupting in the air towards the Jedi. She jumped away from the tank that she stood on top of and avoided the blast with ease. It continued the fire, the droids were determined to take her down. She slipped behind the tank and flipped to the roof, stabbing her saber into the cabin and deactivating the droid inside. By that point, Rex was just watching her work because she was handling all of it. She is Jedi after all. He tucked his weapons back into his belt.

Once the final droid was taken out, she scanned the area for any other threat and returned back to Rex. She wiped her forehead to rid the sweat as she sheathed her green sabers "I'll admit, I wasn't expecting any of that" she breathed, hooking her saber onto her belt. Her eyes noticed smudges of dirt on the white of Rex's helmet. He tensed up as she rubbed her thumb above his eye plate to wipe off the dirt. The act didn't seem to bother her one bit "sorry, that was annoying me" she wiped her hands off and turned away, prepared to keep moving "I'll let Anakin know that we have a place to set up in.

Rex hesitated with his response, finding his feet feeling heavy on the ground "y-yes sir"

They maneuvered around the destroyed squad of droids, and Dakota used the force to move them away from the path. Obi-wan was the first to show up at the base of the two towers with his 212th battalion "You think this plan will work?" Her Jedi friend ask, examining the green, glass structures.

"'Course, as long as nothing goes wrong" she placed her hands to her hips "but it's Rex's plan, and he hasn't let me down before" she glanced over to her Captain who was conversing out of earshot with Commander Cody by the far right building "How'd things go over East at the capital? A surprise attack I heard"