52 | The Diminishing

💫

💫

After much agitation, the small side table positioned next to the bed was yanked from its spot and thrown using the force against the fan that cried mercy from the ceiling. It's mechanical parts rained down with small pellets of sparks and flickering wires. The crash echoed around the empty room, which Hondo could hear from all the way down the hall "oh man" he sighed loudly, rounding the corner as he neared the looming door.

She sat idle on the bed, breathing heavily in the midsts of a mess that engulfed the mattress. The blanket had long since been kicked off and was sprawled on the ground. This left her robotic leg open and visible. A haunting pressure expelled from the room when Hondo unhesitatingly poked his head in to check the scene out "having party in here, Ky? Without me?" He shook his head in disappointment "I'm heartbroken"

He opened the door wider and stepped in, taking a look up at the ceiling to where the fan use to be "you know, that was my favorite fan. It really got the job done"

She didn't say anything. Her face remained emotionless as he approached without a care in a world. In his hand were a pair of wooden crutches which he left resting against the wall by the door "you're not still mad about me kidnapping you all those years ago, are you?" he asked, knowing full well that she was certainly not thinking about that. At his sarcastic question, she finally tore her gaze away from the invisible void to meet his eyes "there you are..." he smiled softly "I thought you'd never come back"

"What do I owe you" she replied quietly.

"What?! You mean you don't believe that I'd do something for you out of the goodness of my heart?" He gasped, placing his hand to his chest in a dramatic manner.

"You hold pity towards me, I don't want it"

"My favorite Jedi, my companion, my good friend, my lover-" he listed exaggeratedly, but she cut him off with a swift, angry glare.

"My Ky-" he settled, losing the joking tone almost immediately "-was near death. I did this galaxy a service by keeping you alive, my dear"

"Hondo I'm nothing more than a woman who has lost her way" she dropped her eyes to her metallic fingers, unable to feel the warmth that once flowed through them "and something tells me I lost sight of the path a long time ago"

"Well, isn't that interesting" Hondo shrugged, any form of sentiment that had previously inhabited his voice had vanished. Dakota blew a sharp puff of air from her lips, not in the least bit surprised at his attitude "welcome to the land of the lost and the corrupt, darling, it seems that you'll fit right in" He crossed the room, stepping over the debris of the ceiling fan in order to make his way back to the door "and just a fair warning, without the air blowin' it'll get hot as Mustafar in here"