50 | Ventress

💫

💫

Assaj Ventress sat alone, solemnly piloting the scavenger vessel that was held together merely by scraps of rusted, degrading metal and withering tape. There wasn't much for quality ship parts all the way out on this side of the outer-rim, unless you count the crooks who sell cheap products for ridiculously high prices. It's about working with what you've got, and she didn't have all that much.

Ventress had learned during her time out here how to maneuver her way through the complex maze of pirates and smugglers that only cared to make a quick buck. If her stoic demeanor didn't scare them off, then her red lightsaber would.

Ever since Count Dooku betrayed her and tried to have her killed for no explained reason, she had adapted to take on the galaxy for herself and by herself. There was no one watching out for her, no one giving her orders. She discovered that she didn't need a master, and never needed one to begin with. If she ever did come across Dooku again, she'd make sure to end his life before he even had the chance to unsheathe his saber. The qualities of a sith never quite leave someone, no matter how far away they stray.

Ventress, however, was in a unique circumstance.

Her ship exited from its long travel through hyperspace, emerging into the Florrum system, near the desert planet of the pirate empire. She leaned back in the chair and released the steering handles, flipping on the auto-pilot switch which took mechanical control of the vessel. A small sigh escaped her dark lips as she stood up gracefully from the seat and stepped out through the cockpit doors.

Down the hall to the right, she approached the sealed door and tapped the red button which turned green the moment her finger pressed against it. The doors slid open, revealing a dark figure laying idly in the shadows of the compact room. Their body remained motionless, barely moving as they breathed subtly.

Ventress entered the room and approached the shadow, unafraid to tap her boot against it in order to wake them up. Their groggy eyes opened in a delayed response, a familiar green "wake up" Ventress greeted coldly "we've almost arrived"

"Hm" the shadow hummed, not even moving an inch as Ventress stood over it. The response didn't satisfy the former sith apprentice.

"Get up" Ventress groaned, bending down to turn the shadow over so that their face was visible in the flickering light from the hall. She pulled back the thick blanket and tossed it to the side "you look pathetic"

"Hm" the shadow muttered again, finally gaining the strength to pull themself up into a stiff sitting position, with their back pressing to the wall. The effort left them inhaling with their eyes closed.