02: Anytime, Anywhere.

"Uugghhhh! Whyyyy???!!!!!" I groan into the phone, devastated as I sit here alone AGAIN waiting for my best friend to get off work and join me this lovely Thursday night, "It was your idea to even come hereee? The fuccc?"

She always does this when we decide to be 'spontaneous' and pick a new bar to try, "I'm sorry, okay? Damn. You act like I could just walk out of the fuckin meeting my boss made the WHOLE office attend."

"But you could though... you know you got him wrapped around your little finger." I smirk, taking a sip of my crown apple and cranberry the bartender had just sat down.

"YOU know that and I know that, but if I didn't show up, the WHOLE OFFICE would know that. Shit, I'm tryna secure the man AND KEEP my bag. It's bad enough he already got promoted over me while we were starting to mess around, but since we've been actually dating?! This n*gga would not let me even LOOK like I get special treatment."

"Mmmhm...." I roll my eyes, she doesn't even know how good she's got it. We both graduated college the same time and yet her career skyrocketed so fast over the years, she was the one of the candidates for project lead at her design firm.

Oh me? Well, I'm not mad at my bank account, but her's could literally shit on mine. Being a mid tier Graphic Designer made me enough just to enjoy myself. So what was my problem? "I envy you. You got the man, the job, shit I'm sure you'll get the ring too..."

"Ky..." I could feel her 'chill bitch' glare through the phone.

"Whaatt?! You know I'm not wrong. Michael has been on you since both of yal started there. You just decided to give him a chance that ONE time few years ago and BOOM you been happy as fucc ever since.... meanwhile my 28 years of life are seriously wasting away." And I was bored of it all.

"Ky, we the same age.... you got time."

"Ppssshhhsssttttt, Oh-kay. And-AND I'm almost a year older than you, Tia."

"...how many drinks have you had?" I hear the car crank up in the background.

"Enough to realize how miserable my boring life is."

"Bitch drink some water. I'll see you in ten." Anddd she's gone.

I let out a deep sigh and plop my head into my folded arms, "You do have time ya know..."

The fucc?..

I peek past the side of my arm to see some random guy looking down at me with his head in his hand, "Were you listening to my phone call?"

"Well... you had it on speaker... and you were talking pretty loud... so, I kind of had no choice." He turned around to face the bar and took a swig of his beer.

I glared at him, just because I had my life on blast didn't mean he needed to listen, "You could've tuned it out."

"Yeah, tried that." He quirked his brow while talking another swig, smiling behind the rim of the bottle.

"Can you not?... I don't need some random chiming in on my life like he think he knows me." I brush him off and turn away, only to have him get up and move to my other side.

"You think your life is moving nowhere and you take your anger out on concerned innocent bystanders who are just trying to make sure you're okay. Plus you're jealous of your friend. Sound about right?"

Who the fuck does this n*gga think he-

"Excuse me?!" He stares me dead in the eyes, unbothered and slightly amused with himself.

"I know because I was you not too long ago. You just need a bit of... fulfillment in life. That's all." He flashes a satisfied smile, as if he had solved everything in my life singlehandedly, "Here." He took out his phone and air dropped his number to mine, "Let me know if you need any cheering up, anytime." And walked off.