32: Guilt Stained

Scott watched the line dance across the screen

Scott watched the line dance across the screen. The bustle of hospital noise was muted in his ear as he sat, fingers laced propping up is forehead.

His leg shook, sending a constant tremble through his skull as he pressed his thumbs against his temples.

He looked up, watching Ky's chest slowly rise and fall, scanning her over for any sign that she would wake up. The paramedics said it was a miracle she was even conscious when they arrived, only to have her faint when she was being examined on scene.

She had a concussion that cause a severe injury to her head, and after further analysis and bloodwork, they found ketamine in her system. The combination should've kept her out cold, but somehow...

It had been a while since they'd arrived, Christian had been immediately rushed into surgery, them saying he had lost quite a bit of blood, and was drifting in
to a dangerous state, needing a blood transfusion and fluids.

....in the midst of all this, Scott somehow found himself feeling guilty.

He was the one who said everything was fine...

...that his friend was simply being paranoid. But here she is... looking unlike her usual feisty self.

...frail and weakened.

Her eyes twitched for the um-teenth time, each one him thinking she'd open them so he could be somewhat relieved.

But no.

He sighed, resting his head on his hands once more, praying she'd wake up.

"Scott?" Her voice was airy, raspy and shaky.

His head shot up, seeing her squint at him from her bed, offering up a weak smile, soft and gentle.

"..he—HEY. Hey..." he hopped up, leaning at her bedside, easing her back down when she tried to sit up.

"Ian... where's, Ian?!" She tried to fight to sit up, Scott keeping a firm but gentle grip on her shoulders.

"He's okay. I promise."

"But...he was....bleeding and—" she could feel herself getting hysterical, the beeping of the machine starting go to rise and her eyes watering.

"Heyheyhey... he's fine. He went into surgery and he's stable. He's just sleeping." He said, seeing her start to calm down.

"Then why are you here instead of with him?"

"Because he'd kill me if I left you alone." He semi chuckled, knowing he actually would.

She smiled, nestling back into her pillow, pondering on if she should ask what else was burning in her mind.