12: Miss Y(o)u

We... made it through the next week... somehow. Adam was carrying on like Monday never even happened. It was eerie, but it got us through the last stages with KarmaTroop. His eye contact was minimal and so were his words, almost like he was on autopilot. Despite the whole personal blunder, everything seemed to work out fine, and the project was a success.

Now the only other thing on schedule, saying goodbye to my... ❤️boyfriend. It was like he was trying to squeeze a million dates into one and show me as much as he could before I had to depart back to the states, "Babe, please.. just slow down."

"It's just right up ahead. This is the last one and I swear we're going back to my place." He had a grip on my hand like a mom in a supermarket with her toddler.

"You act like I won't be coming back to visit." I smiled at his childlike eagerness.

"Well... it might be a while...so..." his smile had a bit of sadness behind it. We stopped in the middle of an open waking area that resembled a park as I looked around at the people enjoying their night.

"This it?"

"Nope." He turned me to face a lit up tall tower, "That's it. Come on." He lead me to the entrance of Seoul tower so that we could go to the top and over look the city. It lit up the night as it changed colors, certainly a sight to see. As he paid the clerk and we made our way to the top of the tower, my mind drifted as I stared at our latched hands, fingers intertwined as he took the lead up the stairway to the elevator.

Were we really doing this? Being official? My heart skipped at the very thought. Actually knowing that he is really mine is... wow. "Hey, look.." as the elevator doors opened to the platform, my eyes twinkled at the site before me. All of Seoul laid out for us to see. It was... beautiful, "Ky..."

"Hmm?" We both continued to gaze at the city as he spoke.

"I-I want you to know that, I understand why you were reluctant at first. A long distance relationship is definitely something that will take a lot of dedication and trust and... I'm glad that you trust me with your heart. I promise that I'm going to love you for as long as you allow me, shit, maybe even beyond that." We both laughed, and it hit me. This was.. a dream... his words just as clear as they were in my sleep, "I'm serious about us."

A gentle breeze  came through, adding more to the calming night, "Yeah, I know you are. Me too. Don't you break my heart, Mr. Yu."

He turned to me and pulled me closer by lifting my chin, "Wouldn't dream of it."

-🌻-

"You're going to miss your flight."

"Just one more. I won't get another for a while." I said, begging for one more kiss before heading towards my gate. I pouted, knowing he was putting up a front, wishing he could hop on the plane with me or have me stay longer. Adam was no where in sight, all I had was a message saying when he checked out of the hotel waiting at the front desk.

"PLEASE let me know when youre safely in the air.. seriously. When you land, when you get home, when you-"

"OKAY. Okay, babe chill." I put my finger over his lips, making him hush as he looked at me with worried eyes, "You really don't like planes..." he sighed and briefly looked away, "A week and a half flew by pretty fast... It'll be Sunday again when I touch down in Atlanta."

He nodded and took my hands in his again, bringing them to his mouth to plant lingering kisses, "I love you."

"I love you too." I paused for a bit, eyes closed before they opened again with a sad smile and tilted his head in the direction of the gate, "Bye." And kissed my forehead.