14: My Ky

"Pick ya jaw up, hunny." Sean tapped the bottom of my chin, prompting me to close my mouth as Christian eyed me with a small smirk. However, the longer I stared at him, the more the look on his face turned into confusion.

"Why do you look like that?..."

I swear I had spoken the words And since when did you decide this? I know we're dating, but that's a lot and you can already place us there? Really?! When my eye twitched, I realized I was having an out of body experience and needed to ACTUALLY say words, "T-That's a big step, Ian."

His eyes shifted around a bit before they landed back on me, "I know, but why lie about how I feel about you and where I can see us? And we're in front of friends, plus.... we aren't getting any younger." he motioned around the table to the oddly calm individuals and this made me even more unsettled. As much as I wanted us to discuss it more, this was not the time nor the place. Even if I did try and pry into it, he beat me to the punch by changing the subject, "Anyway, tonight is about Michael and Tia. We can talk about our future later."

I gotta admit though, the words 'our future' sounded just as good rolling off his tongue as he did saying them.

Meanwhile....

"Oh, Ky. Ky Ky, my Ky. It should've been me heading out to Tia's engagement party with you, not his bitch ass." Adam mumbled to himself as he fiddled with Ni'Kya's front door lock, "I could practically hear you two fucking from the parking lot." He said angrily as the lock popped and he turned the handle to enter inside, "God that hurts my heart."

He slowly walked, careful not to make any noise to alert any of her neighbors as he made his way down the hall to her bedroom. He walked in and sneered as soon as he saw Christian's bag in the corner, "That lucky bastard.... Not for long though." He made his way over to the black backpack and carefully pulled out Christian's laptop, "Password should beeee... bingo! Same as the one he used at work. Thank you Chuck in IT." He pulled out a usb drive and plugged it into the side socket.

"It'll take a while for this to completely give me full control over your system without you noticing, buuuutttt it will definitely be worth the wait." He clicked through and waited for the code to install, "And when it doeeesss... she'll be mine and we'll be rid of you." Once the bar read download complete, he removed the usb and placed Christian's laptop back in his bag. He walked around a bit more, as if he was already acquainted with her place. This was... because he was.

You see... Adam's little crush had became a bit... unhealthy. You know that show "You" on Netflix?.... well.

"I see you've upped your lingerie game..." he dug around her drawer, "Sólo para él, ¿eh? (Just for him, huh?)" He sighed, "¿Por qué me haces esto? (Why do you do this to me?)" he picked up her red pair and started to admire them, imaging her in them for him.

He peered down at his watch, "They should've just gotten there." He tucked the pair back away and quietly closed her drawer. He stood there for a minute, hands still resting on the dark wood, "Eh, fuck it." He opened it back and grabbed a pair and stuffed it in his jacket pocket, "She has more than one pair in black, she won't miss these." He shuts the drawer and made his way back to the front. He locks the bottom as he  quietly shuts the door, "You always forget to lock the deadbolt. You gotta be more careful, babe. What if I was some crazy pendejo?"

-🌻-

"Sooo..."

"So?" Christian glanced over at me as we sat in the car. It was a little past midnight and we're on our way back to my place.

"You wanna elaborate on your lil remark earlier or?"

"What is there to elaborate? I love you and would possibly want to..." he made a swirling motion with his hand, "Ya know.."