27: Harmless

"She supposed to let ME comfort her! The fuck!" Adam slammed his hands into the steering wheel as he sat in Isabelle's driveway. She jumped from the sudden noise, feeling both frightened and irritated, "Why?"

"𝕄𝕒𝕪𝕓𝕖 𝕤𝕙𝕖 𝕛𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝕕𝕠𝕖𝕤𝕟'𝕥 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦..." she mumbled under her breath, regaining her composure.

"¿Qué?" Though it was dark, Isabelle could feel Adam's glare pierce her like daggers. It sent a chill down her spine, and oddly, was a turn on. Though he had just driven her home after a session she was more than willing to fit in another go.

"Nada.. lo siento." She bit down on her lip, not wanting to leave the car...leave him. Although their relationship had started out as a mere terms of means, she hated seeing him upset.

She was starting to....

"It's fine. It's not your fault." He rubbed her thigh, letting out a sigh of frustration as he slumped down in his seat, "I just have to figure out how to make her see how much better I am for her."

"Then maybe she doesn't deserve you. If she's to stupid to see—" Isabelle winced at the pressure being applied to her leg. It wasn't exactly painful, but definitely a warning to for lack of better words, shut the fuck up.

"I suggest you head inside." His voice was flat,  as he stared blankly at his dashboard. She frowned, wanting to contest him. He turned to her, an icy smile spreading across his face, "Okay?" She knew it was a command, and not a suggestion, nor up for debate. She nodded, opening the door and reluctantly made her way to the front of the house as he cranked the car back up, waiting for her to go inside.

She paused, recalling something her dad had mentioned not too long ago and quickly shuffled back over to the car, tapping on the window for him to roll it down, "My dad asked why you hadn't came in to say hi in a while. Maybe you shouldddd..." she nodded her head in the direction of her house as she rested her forearms on the window opening, "..ya know, to keep up appearances."

He rolled his tongue over the top front of his teeth causing a slight tsk as he peered down at the dashboard clock and puckered his lips the side. He glanced over to her mouthing plleeeaassee batting her lashes in a playful manner.

He cut the engine off, put his keys in his pocket, and made his way around the front, meeting her at the end of the walkway, "Just for a little bit. Then I gotta go. ¿Claro?"

"Yeah yeah." She trailed up behind him, popping him once on the butt as he went to open the door, earning a snarky glare.

No

Isabelle couldn't help but think to herself as she watched him laugh and joke with her family. His smile, was it genuine or simply part of his act as well. Why was she so important to him? Who was this Ni'Kya that he was so crazy for? And why was it starting bother her so much?

-🌻-

"How long has he been like this?" Scott stood next to Jawnson as they both stared at the back of Christian's head, headphones in and clicking away at the timelines on the screen in Final Cut and Motion.

"I'm not sure. I've been coming in for the past few days and he's just..." Jawnson motioned in Christian's direction, hand slapping his side as he lets it fall.

Scott sighed, holding the brige of his nose, feeling a headache coming on, "Aight, thanks man." He walks up, calling his name, "Rome...ROME. Got'damnit, ROME!" He snatches Christian's shoulder, forcing him to turn around causing his headphones to slightly fall from his ears, "Damn man... you're gonna go deaf if you keep listening to your music that loud."