09: FaceTiMe

"Aye bruh! Focus!" Scott had tried to grab Christian's attention for the umpteenth time, "Can you PLEASE get over here and join the conversation with the rest of us?"

"Leave him alone. It's like 10 A.M. over there AND Friday is still a week day. She's probably sneaking to text him while she's at work." Dabin was leaning back against the couch and had jumped to Christian's defense, who was posted up against the window.

Scott shook his head, "I mean, I get it but we gotta finish this tonight since they got him wrapped up in that other project still. Plus he has to leave out of the country again RIGHT after. I'm just tryna get this shit done."

"And we will." Dabin hit him with the pause hands, wanting him to chill out.

"Not if he keeps ignoring us!"

"I'm not ignoring you, I can literally hear EVERYTHING you're saying. I just haven't felt the need to chime in about anything." Christian had walked back over to the group and stood right next to Scott's chair, a bit annoyed but understood his frustrations as well.

They both side eyed each other for a bit before turning back to finish their discussion, Scott continuing to speak, "Okay, so we've already played this venue before, BUT they are giving us the larger area this time, so we have a bit more space to work with. So if there's any extra equipment yal would nee-" Christian's phone went off, interrupting him, "You wanna get that?"

Christian shifted his jaw and poked at his cheek. Seeing the apparent frustration rising in him, Jawn quickly tried to get the conversation back on track, "Um.. I-I could use the bigger gimbal. With a larger space I would have to move around more and it stabilizes better."

Calming down a bit, Christian responded, "Yeah, that would make better sense. I'll pack  the medium one just in case though." Everyone else stated what they would need and Scott took down everything for his notes. When they all got up to go, he walked up to Scott, "She was saying bye, by the way and that she was sorry for interrupting." And walked off.

"You know I didn't mean it like th-" Christian threw his hand up, cutting him off. The two had been a bit at odds since he'd gotten back.  Although unusual, they both knew it was just because he was concerned about his boy's wellbeing and was being over protective. Scott threw his head back in frustration, feeling defeated and groaned, "Fuucck.." don't get it wrong, he was legitimately happy for Christian and Ky. She seemed pretty cool. Things can't go bad for them... right?

-🌻-

"Sooo... how you doooiiinnn?" Sean watched me as I downed my 6th drink for the night. My face was stoic as I slammed the glass down, ice clinking loudly. Usually I can hold my liquor, but tonight...

"Fine.." my tone brash and very easy to read.

"She just miss her boo... and she horny." Tia teased.

"He's not my boo!" I pouted, clearly spouting nonsense.

"That's the only part you focused in on?" Tia sipped on her Hennessy as the three of us sat at one of the bar tables. APPARENTLY, I've been seeming depressed, agitated, a whole mess in general and needed a night out.

"We AIN'T officially 'Together'" I said with drunken air quotes, "I jussss.. tol'em how I feelzz." I waved me arms around trying to prove my point, but just looked like a hot mess.

"...uh, huh." Sean gave me a matching look, "sooo he can feel free to fuck other women then.."

"NO!" I threw my finger in his face.

"But chu just said-" I cut Tia off by swinging my finger in her direction, almost hitting her in the face.

"I SAID.... we ain'oFFicial. Issa trial run." I raised my brows and had a stupid expression on my face as I nodded in agreement with myself.