07: Breakfast

@VanSrey for the 3! Thank you so much for reading ❤️
_______________________________________

6:45 am... my alarm was blaring, waking me up out of my sleep. I sat up and stretched, going to scratch my head, expecting my scarf to be on but... "Got-dammit!"

"Huh, What?! What happened?" Christian, still half asleep, popped up from the pillow, one eye only half way open and confused as hell.

"Shit.. I forgot to put my head scarf on before I fell asleep..." I slid out from under the covers and headed into my bathroom trying my damnest to ignore his morning wood as he groggily sat at the edge of the bed rubbing his eyes.

"What does it matter? Can't you just brush it and be fine? It's just hair.." Just HAIR? The way I glared at him clearly woke him all the way up, his eyes wide with a slight bit of fear, "What'd I say?.."

"This HAIR alone cost $200. Not including the cost of a stylist having to install and style it. So NO, I can't.." I mock his accent, "..'Just brush it and be fine.' I'll have to fix it when I get home." I dig around the drawer for a head wrap to cover the small bird's nest I had atop my dome.

"Two HUNDRED dollars?" Was that really all he heard? "For wh-" I glared at him again. You bet not... He stopped, not even daring to finish his sentence. After striking a bit of fear into his soul, I finally settled on a burnt orange head wrap and a sat it to the side of the sink counter to put on for later.

"Don't you need to get ready, too?" I ask popping on a shower cap and taking off my pajamas. He was still idly sitting on the edge of my bed, admiring the view as I got ready to take a shower.

"...yeeeaaaahhh. I probably should." He said as I closed the curtain behind me. He got up and walked right into the bathroom and started to pull down the sweatpants he borrowed and opened the curtain, sending a flash of cold air my way.

"The fuck are you doing?!" I whined a bit from the icy chill.

"Taking a shower...." he tried to step in side, but it placed my fingers in his chest, stopping him.

"Can you wait til I'm out?"

"You want me too?" He raised a brow and smirked.

I paused, briefly glancing down at his bare figure, "Fine..."

He reached into one of the side cubbies to grab a clean bath rag and hopped right in behind me, flicking my shower cap and laughing to which I retaliated by flicking water in his face. As we got cleaned up, I kept thinking once again, how this was seeming way too comfortable. Do NOT get attached, Ni'Kya...ugh.. but look at him... he had submerged himself under the running water, letting it flow through his hair, down his face and.... mmh.....Snap out of it! I caught myself biting at my lip.

"It's rude to stare, ya know.." he didn't even have his eyes open but could clearly feel me gawking at him.

"I'm not!" I looked over to the side and mumbled, "I'm just waiting to rinse off..."

He brushed the water from his face, slicking his hair back and moved to the side, grazing me in the process....you have to go to work....YOU HAVE TO GO TO W-

"So you made me move out of the warm water just to stand there?"

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes as I slid under the water, the suds starting to fall away. I caught him eyeing me as I rinsed off, "Didn't you say staring was rude?" His face turned red as he looked away. I giggled to myself at his sudden shyness, "Hold up. You don't have a change of clothes..."

"I'll just wear what I borrowed from you over to where I'm staying and change then. No biggie."

Dried off and dressed, he watched as I wrapped my hair with a two unfrazzled strands in the front, a low ball in the back and put on my makeup. I grabbed my bag and we headed out the door, me heading to my car and him to his.