21: Deal

"Look, I don't know what you want, but I ain't here for it." Cheyanne stood outside the bathroom door, arms folded while Adam leaned against the wall, lingering from showing her where it was in the first place, "You cute and all, but-"

Adam put his hand up to stop her, "I promise you....it's not like that."

"Then what? My step sister is here for you, not me." She shifted her weight, looking over to the side as she bit down on her lip, "I got someone else in mind anyway..."

Adam raised an eyebrow in her slightly mumbling confession, "You mean Mr. Yu?" Cheyanne's eyes darted back to him, a bit of shock clearly visible in them, "It's not exactly like you were quiet about insta stocking him at the table."

Cheyanne grimaced, "So, what of it?"

"Let's make a deal..." Cheyanne looked at him questionably as he spoke, "There's something that I want that's attached to what you want...so, how about we fix that, claro?"

"I'm not following..." she lied. Truth was, she was trying to decipher what exactly he was saying to her.

He COULDN'T be talking about her...

Adam sighed. He looked over his shoulder to make sure no one was coming before deciding to continue speaking, "Mira, I need your help. It won't be easy, but we'll both get what we want in the end."

"I really don't know what you're—"

"Do you want Christian or not?" Adam's voice was firm and direct, making Cheyanne even more weary of directly answering him.

"I never said his first name. How do you—"

"Aye dios mio, I'm not understanding how you aren't able to fathom a simple yes or no."

Cheyanne squinted her eyes in irritation, was he trying to call her stupid?

"For someone who needs help, your tone sure ain't comin cor-rec." The young lady slightly shifted, readjusting her arms, "but if you mean fuck the shit outta him by want him... then yeah I want him."

Adam stared blankly from the young lady's response, his lips drawing in a slight breath before buttoning his lips, "I-Is that all you really—you know what.... never mind. I need you to help me pull this off." Adam took a small step closer as Cheyanne's eyes followed, "So, will you help me?"

"What about my stepsister?" Cheyanne nodded in the direction of the laughs coming from the dining room.

"I'll handle that....you just sit and wait for my call." Adam reaches his hand out for Cheyanne's phone, entering his number once she handed it over.

𝔹𝕒𝕔𝕜 𝕒𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕕𝕚𝕟𝕟𝕖𝕣 𝕥𝕒𝕓𝕝𝕖...

"Isabelle, can I talk to you for a second?" Adam smiled sweetly as he leaned over to whisper to the young lady sitting next to him. She gleefully nodded as he lead her out to the back patio.

"Ooo. Looks like things are going well." Mrs. Martinez said as all the parents eyed the two as they strolled out.

However...

"Isabelle, I appreciate you coming to meet me, but..."

"Look, I know you don't like me. I could tell by the look on your face when we walked in." Adam looked rather surprised by her interjection, but he let her continue, "Honestly, I'm down for a simple deal, if that's okay with you."

He was reluctant to answer, but wanted to get this over with nonetheless, "Sure, what is it?"

"We pretend to date, maybe fuck a few times, and then have a huge fight, break up and never speak again." Her Look was stern and serious with a hit of playfulness, shocking Adam even further.

"Wait, What?!"

"It'll get my parent off my back for a while. Til I can get the hell out of their house."

"But what's the point of us having sex?"

"Why not mix a little pleasure with business? Plus it'll help sell the relationship." She air quoted and hopes he would understand her position.

Adam sighed, truly to think of another way to get out of this, but nothing looked promising. But, scheduled pussy might not be a bad idea until he got the one he really wanted. It would save him the hassle of selecting someone else here and there when he felt the need to buss one.

"Fine. Deal."

-🌻-

Ni'Kya stared at the package on her door step. It was the fifth one she had received this week, "Really, Christian? Another one?" He'd been sending things as apologies along with a ton of texts and calls.

At this point, she was expecting the next thing on her door step to be him. She picked up the box, sighing as she unlocked her door. She was being stubborn, she knew it and he knew she wasn't going to break until she wanted to.

So although he couldn't be there in person, he wanted his presence to be felt. "Fine..." she took out her phone, staring at his name on her favorites list until she got the courage to press it. Before she could even second guess herself, his voice came through the receiver.

"Ky." He sounded hurried, almost as if he had ran to his phone the minute he heard her ringtone. Her heart fluttering at the very sound.

"...hey."

"Hi." She could hear him smiling through the word, elated that she was finally speaking to him.

She was quiet, not really knowing what to say. "Hi..." her voice was soft as she spoke. She was embarrassed that she had let her stubbornness get the better of her, knowing he didn't mean to make her upset, "I uh.. I'm sorry."

"Me too. I didn't—"

"I know, I was just being unreasonable. I should know more than anybody how demanding your work is and—"

"But that's still no excuse. I did try to contact you. Honestly I did but, my stewpid phone just—either way. I'll make sure I'm there for you. No matter what I've got goin on."

"I hear you." She smiled, feeling relieved by his words, "Just make sure to be there for the call with my parents. Okay?"

He laughed, but knew she was serious, "Okay."

"Now... you feel like FaceTiming? Kinda been needing a lil extra help wi—" Her screen had changed, notifying an incoming FaceTime call from Christian. She answered seeing his handsome face fill her screen.

"Waayyy ahead of you."