𝕏

10 | french quarter escapades

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀WREN SILENTLY CLIPPED THE FLOWERS, TUCKING HER SCISSORS BACK INTO HER APRON BEFORE MOVING THEM INTO AN OPEN VASE

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀WREN SILENTLY CLIPPED THE FLOWERS, TUCKING HER SCISSORS BACK INTO HER APRON BEFORE MOVING THEM INTO AN OPEN VASE. A NOTE WAS UNDERNEATH IT ━ reading, "I want my necklace back."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀It was a simple note, but it got the point across. She wanted to let her family know that she wanted what belonged to her.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And now to the matter at hand ━ getting closer the Hybrid.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀She imagined it wouldn't be too hard, given the strength of the bond that they shared. It seemed to grow the more time they spent together. She had a yearning to be around him all the time.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀It was infuriating, to say the least.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀She was replacing her apron on the wall when the back door slammed open.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Well, well ━ what do we have here? A little witch, brewing up spell ingredients." A dark-haired man had entered the room, a dangerous smirk on his face. He had a list in his hands, as well as a sack. He dropped it on the floor, revealing small bags of ingredients ━ salts, herbs.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Spell-binders.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I don't know what you're talking about," Wren answered easily. She dropped her scissors on the counter and looked straight at the man. "There are no witches here."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Really?" He smiled a little. "Valeriya says otherwise. Marcel Gerard will be very interested to know about the newest heir to Svetlana Romanov."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Wren sucked in a small breath. What was her mother up to now? Why would she rat her out to one of Marcel's lackeys?

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Either you come with me, or you die," he stated coldly, his hand falling on her arm in a death grip.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Her arm began to glow a pale red, her powers emerging in an attempt to protect herself.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀A sharp groan erupted from his mouth, his face twisting into a pained grimace. "You little bitch," he growled out, his hand grabbing at her throat. He squeezed, making Wren choke out a wheezing breath.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Wren, in desperation, pressed her palm to his face. The sharp sizzling of skin hit her ears before his scream did.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀He threw her off with an inhuman strength. Her back hit a glass shelf, shattering it and showering her in clear shards. They cut into her pale skin, making a ruby-red color leak from her wounds.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀A sharp ringing resonated in her ears as her head slammed against the floor. Blood dripped down her forehead, staining the white floors.