「xxix」

29 | foxglove

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀KLAUS HELD DAVINA'S LOVE INTEREST BY THE ARM, SMIRKING AS HE LISTENED TO THE SHAKY BREATHING OF HER BEST FRIEND ON THE OTHER END OF THE LINE

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀KLAUS HELD DAVINA'S LOVE INTEREST BY THE ARM, SMIRKING AS HE LISTENED TO THE SHAKY BREATHING OF HER BEST FRIEND ON THE OTHER END OF THE LINE. "Timothy and I will be at the compound. I really do hope Davina comes home soon." The phone in Klaus' hand was promptly removed from his ear, his finger smashing at the end call button.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀He hadn't even had time to place the infernal device in his pocket before it was ringing again. Sighing, he answered it and placed it at his ear. "Hello?" he grunted into the receiver as he led the boy through the streets at an inhuman pace.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Where are you?" Wren said through the phone.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Klaus smirked. "Ah, how lovely of you to return my call. I'm on the way home, be there in a jiffy." Taking Timothy by the biceps, Klaus zoomed off toward the compound.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The screeching of the gate alerted Wren that he was home. Her heeled footsteps echoed throughout the courtyard as she headed to meet him. "What are you doing? Who is that?" she gestured towards the boy.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Leverage." Klaus released him, looking into his eyes. "Do not move or speak until I say so."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Nik," Wren muttered as she watched him. He radiated bad intentions. "What are you going to do to him?" She walked toward the pair, watching the boy's eyes flash at her. He was like a frightened animal.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"That all depends on Davina." Klaus turned toward his mate, eyes observing her stern expression. "You don't approve."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Of you killing someone to get a pet witch back? No, not really." Wren crossed her arms. "There are other ways to go about it."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Well, love, this one just so happens to be the most effective and efficient method." Klaus smirked at her. "I am going to get changed, don't go anywhere. Davina is presumably feeling rather vengeful at the moment."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Wren sighed and rubbed the tops of her arms. A cold chill washed over her skin as his footsteps faded. She glanced at the boy, who looked as if he was going to have a heart attack. He was unable to move, still.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The screech of the gate made Wren's eyes widen. Quickly moving toward it, she murmured, "Davina?" There was nobody there, but a note and a vial of red liquid sat just inside the entrance.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Tentatively, she picked it up and read it.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Regent,
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Klaus is going to kill Tim. He stole foxglove poison from the storage unit earlier. I'm sure you remember what it does. Here is the last vial of his blood that Valeriya has. Use it, save the boy.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀With faith,
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Valentine