𝕏𝕀

11 | the plan

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀WREN WAS UP MOST OF THE NIGHT, BEARING WITNESS TO A PARTICULARLY NASTY SCREAMING MATCH BETWEEN REBEKAH AND NIKLAUS

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀WREN WAS UP MOST OF THE NIGHT, BEARING WITNESS TO A PARTICULARLY NASTY SCREAMING MATCH BETWEEN REBEKAH AND NIKLAUS. HE WAS ANGRY THAT HIS MATE WOULD GO AND MEET SOMEONE WITHOUT HIS PERMISSION ━ while Rebekah had a differing opinion.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Somewhere along the way, Klaus revealed that he had given Elijah to Marcel as a peace offering. Rebekah had been appalled by this, and had vehemently told him that she was going to look for her brother.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀One thing in particular that kept repeating in Wren's mind was something Rebekah had said ━ well, yelled. The two Originals were not very quiet when they were angry.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"All this bluster and stubbornness toward Wren, but then the second her life is threatened you blame everyone but yourself! If you had not been so damn stubborn she wouldn't have snuck out in the first placehell, she probably would have taken you along with her! It's okay to want something, Niklaus! It's okay to care about her!"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Wren had stopped crying at that point, and was content to listen to the two of them fight. When he had not responded ━ not denying that he did care ━ Wren had nearly fainted in astonishment.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀And then later, when Wren was nearly asleep, her room door creaked open. She didn't dare open her eyes, nor move a single muscle. She was pretty sure that the supernatural presence in her room heard her heart skip, however, because she heard a sigh before the door closed again.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀She furrowed her eyebrows, peeking her eyes open. The room was dark, but the moon shone through the open window. Her window seat was occupied by an obscure shadow.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The quiet breath of air she sucked in was met with a turned head.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Wren slowly pulled herself up in bed, already knowing who it was in her window. "I thought you'd have been asleep by now," she said softly to him.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I thought the same of you," he responded softly. His lithe figure pulled itself up to stand before he made his way toward the bed. "How's your head?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Wren winced as he turned on the lamp beside her bed. "Sore," she muttered.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Impossible, my blood would have healed you instantly." Klaus' fingers pulled the white bandage away from her temple, revealing a nasty bruise and a cleaned cut. It was still there. "How?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Wren opened and closed her mouth, unsure of how to answer. How was she supposed to explain that she had siphoned the magic from his blood? How do you tell someone that you're afraid to sleep because the same thing that hurt you now resided in the same house as you?