𝕏𝕏𝕍𝕀

26 | long live the queen

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀WREN'S ENTIRE BODY LIT UP LIKE FIREWORKS, her hands snapping up to rest on his shoulders. His lips were softer than any rose she had ever touched.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀His hands rested on either side of her head, fisting the feather pillows in his grip.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Wren leaned up toward him, shivering as her torso brushed his. Her legs escaped the confines of her blanket, brushing against his like a question.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Klaus could've groaned aloud. He wondered how wonderful it would be to part those milky thighs and dive between them.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Wren shivered as his hand moved down her side, dipping into her curves and tracing everything within their reach. His fingers secured a grip at the crook of her knee, bringing her leg up to curl around his hip.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"So beautiful," he whispered as his lips moved down to her neck, sucking a spot in the crook of her shoulder. His tongue lapped at it, his teeth grazing it lightly.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Wren hummed as he kicked his shoes off, moving fully onto the bed. Her other leg came up to his hip, trapping him against her.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Her hands dropped down, dipping underneath his shirt and pulling it off. She placed her hand against his chest as he went to reconnect his lips to her skin.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀He stopped, looking at her in confusion. Sitting back on his knees, he looked down at her hungrily.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Wren whimpered as his hands held her thighs, feeling the desire poisoning her mind. She closed her eyes, dropping her hands to her stomach to pull her shirt down. She could still feel the power she had stolen from him swirling through her veins. "I'm sorry," she whispered, tears brimming her pale eyes. Her lip trembled as she fought back the tears.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Klaus was more confused than ever. "Don't cry." He brushed a tear away, feeling her suck in a shuddering breath. "It's alright."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I don't want to hurt you," she murmured, her lips pulling down at the corners.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀He cupped her cheek, kissing away her tears as they escaped down her face. He ignored the burn against his lips, focusing on helping her calm down. "You haven't hurt me, love."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Wren shuddered, clawing backward on the bed to get away from his grabby hands. "I can't control it when you're so close to me. I can't be distracted like this, Niklaus." She closed her eyes, unwilling to look at his face.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Klaus grabbed her hands, squeezing them when she tried to pull them away. "Look at me," he demanded. She didn't. "Wren, that is an order."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Wren opened her eyes, blinking a couple of times before looking up at him.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"However much you may hate this," he held up her glowing hand, "it is a gift. You're special, love. No one can take that away from you."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I don't want to be special," she whispered, "I just want to be normal."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Klaus sighed. "Normality is tedious." He rubbed her palms with the pads of his thumbs. "Trust me, love. You don't want to be normal. Normal people are forgotten, washed away in the tides of time. Your name will be engraved on the pillars of history." He kissed her forehead lightly. "Get some rest now, love. We have a big day tomorrow."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀He stood to leave the room. She watched him go with bloodshot eyes and the slightest quiver of a smile.