𝕏𝕏𝕍𝕀𝕀𝕀

28 | the casket girls

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀KLAUS STOOD AT THE DOORWAY OF HIS MATE'S ROOM, WATCHING HER READ THROUGH ONE OF HIS BOOKS. SHE KNEW HE WAS THERE, but had chosen to ignore him for the time being.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Wren finally let out a sigh as he continued to stand there, his eyes burning tracks all over her skin. "What is it, Niklaus?" she murmured as she flipped the page.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"You'll be pleased to know not only have the werewolves survived the night, but I have also invited my siblings and your beloved wolf to join us here in the compound," he informed her, taking her acknowledgment as an invitation. "I cannot promise that Nina will not be harassed, but I have given her the choice all the same."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Wren put down her book, looking at him in shock. Elijah must've gotten there in time. And for Klaus... one good deed for the day was pushing it, but now he had done two? "Why?" she whispered. "Why would you do that for me?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Klaus walked over to stand beside the bed, looking down at her. She looked up at him, her hair messy and unkempt. Her dark eyelashes blinked up at him innocently. "Because I loathe the concept that I am the source of your unhappiness."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Wren's face softened. "You're not," she muttered, "our circumstances are." Laying flat on the bed, she sighed and threw her hands above her head, stretching. Her nightshirt rode up, exposing a pair of red panties. She closed her eyes, not wanting to watch his reaction.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Klaus' eyes snapped to the bright color before immediately looking back to her face. Had she done that on purpose, or was the action completely innocent? Her eyes were shut, but her lips curved at the corners.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Wren sighed and rolled over, smirking to herself as the shirt twisted around her and moved up to her bellybutton.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The bed dipped as he sat down, running his fingertips along his mate's bare calves. "Must you tease me so?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Wren grinned. "Who said I was teasing?" She rolled back onto her side to look at him, grabbing his hand as it stopped its ministrations. "Do you want me?" she asked him softly.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Klaus smirked, rubbing his hands up the side of her thigh. "I have never wanted anything more."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Wren's delighted giggle turned into a exhale as his fingers dipped below her panties.

SMUT WARNING!

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀He moved further onto the bed above her, roughly connecting his lips to hers as his fingers moved over the sensitive little bud between her delicate lips. Her delighted little shivers only spurred him on more, and he pressed down a bit harder.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Pulling away from his kiss, a moan erupted from her lips as her back arched a bit from the intense sensation. "Nik," she mewled, legs parting a little more for him. Her hands fisted at the silk besheets she lay on.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀He smirked down at her, moving his head down to her breasts that were only covered by the oversized t-shirt. His free hand gripped the collar of the shirt, yanking it from her form in one fell swoop.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Wren hissed at the sting of fabric on her skin, quickly forgetting about it at his hot mouth latched onto a nipple. Her hand dug into his hair, pulling gently as his teeth scraped over the sensitive flesh.