𝕏𝕀𝕏

19 | by the light of the moon

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀WREN MOANED IN AGONY AS ANOTHER BOUT OF FIRE WASHED OVER HER SKIN

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀WREN MOANED IN AGONY AS ANOTHER BOUT OF FIRE WASHED OVER HER SKIN. THE ICE-COLD WATER RUSHED AROUND HER AS REBEKAH TURNED ON THE BATH WATER AGAIN, filling the tub up.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀She panted as the cold briefly cooled her heated skin. "What would I do without you?" she sighed with a wince.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"You'll have to find out," Rebekah murmured as she lay a cold towel on Wren's head. "I'm leaving tomorrow."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"What?" Wren breathed. "Why?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I only came to find out if Elijah was alright. He's awake - and now he and Klaus are as thick as thieves again. It's time for me to fly the coup."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Wren swallowed and nodded. "I'll miss you."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I'll miss you too, dove." Rebekah poured the ice bucket into the bath. "Right now, let's focus on getting you better." The original jolted up as two figures came into the bathroom. "What is she doing here?" she asked, standing between Sophie and Wren. "She's the reason we're in this bloody mess. Why isn't she unlinked yet?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I'm trying to help," Sophie defended herself.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Elijah?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Let her do what she can," Elijah said firmly, "we're wasting time."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I know how to slow the fever down, but I need herbs. I'll text you the list," Sophie said to Rebekah as she walked around her. "You did good with the water, it should keep her cooled down until the salve is made."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Rebekah rolled her eyes and pushed past Sophie. "Happy to play the fetch girl."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I'm going to call Niklaus and give him an update," Elijah said, "keep her cold." He pulled out his phone, walking a few steps away to make the call. It rang once before the other line connected.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"How is she?" Nik asked hurriedly as he paced in the shadow of the church. "Tell me you've found a way to save her."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Not yet, no." Elijah glanced at the two witches. "Sophie's trying to slow it down, but it's only a matter of time."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I'm waiting on the witch to be brought to me, perhaps I'll have better luck." A pause. "Don't let her die, Elijah. Turn her if you have to, but don't let her die."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Elijah sat in silence for a moment. "I'll do what I can."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Klaus hung up the phone, stuffing it into his pocket. He watched in silence as the witch was brought into the church, anger boiling beneath the surface of his skin like a festering disease.