𝕏𝕍

15 | paper hearts

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀WREN WOKE SLOWLY, IN A POCKET OF WARMTH AND MUSCLES THAT SEEMED INESCAPABLE

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀WREN WOKE SLOWLY, IN A POCKET OF WARMTH AND MUSCLES THAT SEEMED INESCAPABLE. SHE WHINED, stretching as best she could in her position. Her tired limbs popped and ached as she arched in the bed.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀A throaty groan reverberated around her as muscled arms coiled against her waist.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Wren's eyes snapped open, meeting creamy skin that was littered with tattoos and the occasional scar. Defined muscles stretched over the expanse of his body. Grimacing, she dropped her hand to his arm as it tightened around her.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀In discomfort, she looked at his face to see if he was even the slightest bit conscious. His eyes moved beneath his eyelids, and his breathing was steady. Asleep. "Niklaus," she whispered, hitting his arm lightly.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀His face tightened.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Rolling her eyes, Wren pushed at his shoulder. "I know you're awake," she grumbled.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Is it a crime to want to hold you for a while longer?" he mumbled back at her. His voice was raspy from lack of use.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Wren could've melted into the bed. Disguising her reddening cheeks as being hot, she pretended to fan herself. "I'm hot, and your werewolf heat isn't helping."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀His eyes fluttered open, a look of mild annoyance in them. "Take the bloody sweatshirt off, then."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀She sighed and wiggled against him. "Let me up," she groaned, "you're too warm." She writhed a bit more before he finally released her. With a sigh of relief, she stood and trotted over to the window. Her thin hands pushed it open, a breath of air being sucked into the house.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The room door pushed open, revealing a curly-haired werewolf. "Am I interrupting?" she asked with a smirk.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"No," Wren said.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Yes." Klaus' voice was unamused. His eyes had closed again, and he lay on his back in the bed.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"What's up?" Wren asked, offering her friend a smile as she stripped off her hoodie to reveal a black tank top beneath. She tossed the offending piece of clothing onto the bed, coincidentally hitting her mate in the face.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"I was wondering if we could head into town to get some clothes. Those witches that attacked us kind of burned my car - and all of my luggage."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Yeah, I'll go with you."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"No, you won't," Klaus piped in again.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Did you hear that? It's almost like there's a tiny voice somewhere in the room, disagreeing with everything that I say."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀An arm wrapped around her midsection, pulling her back into a toned form. "That little voice just so happens to be the voice of reason in the room. Every time you leave this house, you get yourself into some form of trouble. Therefore, if you go anywhere, it is with me." His hot voice against her neck made goosebumps spread over her skin.