Chapter 5

An idea shot through my mind. It was an absolutely ludacris and borderline psychotic idea, but with my level of desperation, I didn't think twice about it. I grabbed my backpack, removing my laptop and external drive. I powered on my Dell and waited patiently for it to reboot. The room was dark, the only light being the soft glow from the screen.

The door swung open, and my roommate from hell Stacey entered the room. How she manages to not catch hypothermia wearing skirts during winter is a scientific anomaly.

The laptop has powered up, and I connected the external hard drive and started to download the information from O'Conners receptionist. I quickly manipulated the code so it would be undetected and untraceable by the schools security system.

"Geek." She said as she opened the curtains, flooding the room with light and walked towards her floor length mirror. Her half of the room was decorated in all pink: pink silk bedsheets, light pink dresser, pink accessories, everything was fucking pink, as if a pepto-bismol explosion happened and only effected half the room. It burned my corneas if I stared at her side for too long. I remained quiet as she sat on the floor in front of a full length mirror, and started to apply even more make up than she already has. Yet again, she defies the laws of science with the amount of makeup that stays plastered on her skin. Someone should give that bitch a trophy.

"What are you doing for thanksgiving nerd? Laying in this dorm room alone again because no one could ever love a dumbass like yourself?" She said as she applied another thick line of eyeliner.

"Stacey, I know you love to hear the sound of your own voice, but please refrain from speaking so I don't lose anymore brain cells than I already have by being in such a close proximity to you." I said as I rolled my eyes.

"I'm studying philosophy bitch, and because of freedom of speech, I can say whatever the hell I want." She growled as she turned around.

"I think you have mistaken philosophy for political science." I looked at her dumbfounded that one can be so ignorant.

"Same shit. I still have freedom of speech, bitch." She said, putting a hand on her hip. Her father was a politician, so it would make sense for her to follow in daddy's footsteps because she couldn't think for herself what she would want to do with her life. A shiver ran down my spine at the small chance that she would be voted to be in any kind of leadership position.

"People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought which they avoid." I stated as I continued typing on my laptop, the download was almost complete.

"Nice poem loser, who'd you steal that from?" She said smirking like that was an actual comeback.

"Socrates?" I said, not looking up from my computer.

"The fuck? Is that even English?" She said, confusion evident on her face. I looked up from my computer, failing to contain my laughter.

"Socrates? The father of Western Philosophy?" I stated.

"Psh that's my major. I think I would have know who you were talking about if he was real you dumbass." She said as she turned and walked out of the door, slamming it on the way out.

Thank the Lord Jesus, she's finally gone.

I glanced down at my screen, seeing that the download was complete. I shifted through the files, searching for the one I need.

Let's see how valuable your investors really are, O'Conner.

I opened the correct file and scanned through the list of names. I filtered them out to see the top 3 investors: