Chapter 64

I stood in courtyard as I looked up at the stars above me. I took a deep breath as I tried to calm my nerves about the meeting with Pavlovski.

Everyone has been working relentlessly as they prepared for what would hopefully be the final attack against the Russians.

Isa and Natalia have been preparing the weaponry as well as creating enough explosives to take out a small continent while Angelo and Stephan were gathering the troops and organizing transportation once we lock onto Pavlovski's location.

I've been reverse hacking the Russian tracking device, ensuring that I would be able to reroute the signal so Dante can track my location at all times. I even slipped it into my bullet necklace to ensure that is remains hidden. 

Now that the preparations were complete, the only thing left to do now was just... wait.

As I stood in the courtyard collecting my thoughts, I heard the sounds of heavy footsteps approach from behind me. 

"Hey." I said as I continued to look up above, admiring the way the stars twinkled against the midnight sky. 

I heard him come closer before gently wrapping his arms around my waist and nuzzling his face into the crook of my neck, filling my senses with his familiar musky and masculine scent. 

"Hey." He muttered before he sighed deeply. We stood there in silence before I placed my hand on his arm.

"Remind me again why I can't just kill him at the docks." Dante mumbled as he held onto me tighter. 

"You know just as well as I do that he won't show up there himself." I said as I leaned back into his muscular chest. 

"Right." Dante said before he sighed loudly. Dante gently placed his hands on my hips before turning me around and looking down at me. 

"I just don't feel comfortable with this." He said as he looked down at me with his eyebrows furrowed.

"Dante, we don't have that much time before I have to leave. We might as well enjoy it while we can." I said as I wrapped my arms around the back of his neck and gave him a small smile. 

"No more talking about Pavlovski, or the mission, it's just you and me right now, okay?" I said as I tilted my head. 

"I suppose you're right." He said as he looked down at me with a sad smile etched across his lips. 

"Dance with me." He said after a few moments of silence, making me tilt my head slightly in curiosity. 

"With no music?" I chuckled. 

"Humor me." He said as he smirked before grabbing my wrist gently. He lifted it up to my side before interlacing his hand within mine. He slid his hand from my hip to my lower back before he began swaying with me underneath the moonlight. 

"Who would have thought the big bad Don of the Italian Mafia danced?" I said sarcastically as I looked up at him. 

He gently leaned me backwards, dipping me before he gave me a playful smirk

"You are full of surprises, aren't you Mr. Vino?" I said as a smile grew on my lips. 

"You don't even know the half of it." He muttered under his breath. 

He tilted me up, staring into my eyes for a moment as silence stretched between us.

"What are you thinking about?" I asked curiously as I looked at him. 

"Our future together. What our life is going to be like after we get this motherfucker." He said seriously. 

"Oh yeah? And what's that going to look like?" I asked as we began swaying once more.