Chapter 20

** DAMON VINO POV **

How the fuck did she manage to get out of her room.

I sat my usual spot at the dining table as I stared at her perplexed. She was sitting with Natalia and Isa, laughing about something. Most likely another childish joke about me or Angelo. Her melodic laugh echoed against the tiles, filling the dining room with the most angelic noise I've ever heard. It was as if her presence alone threw off the usual somber mood that loomed over the estate. 

The rest of the dinner went as usual, death threats, thrown silverware, the norm, but my eyes and mind kept wandering to a certain black haired vixen. I excused myself from the table and went straight to my office, Angelo following behind closely. On the way there, I immediately texted Damon to upgrade the locks on the little Vixens door.

I opened the large wooden doors and made my way over to my desk. Angelo went to the liquor cabinet, and poured us two glasses of whisky, something he only ever does when he is about to tell me some bad news. He hands me my glass, and I gulp it down as I lean back in my leather chair, preparing for whatever bullshit is about to spill out of his mouth.

"Brother, Xavier Pavlovski has come out of hiding."

"What." I growled as I registered Angelos words.

"We've received word that the Russians have attacked our main warehouse." He said seriously, his childish antics from earlier vanishing from him instantly.

"What's the damage?" I ask, leaning forward on my desk.

"We lost 21 men and they destroyed a fourth of our weapons stored there before we took most of them out. We captured some of Pavlovski's men for questioning.  What's our next course of action?" He asked as he placed his hands behind his back. My fists clenched around the whiskey glass until it shattered into pieces.

Xavier Pavlovski, that motherfucker.

Xavier Pavlovski. The man who is out to destroy the Vino name. For years he's been trying to conquer the Italian Mafia, my fucking Mafia. The Russians were the one who sent the death threats to us for years, successfully assassinating almost half of my family.

"You'd think he'd learn his lesson after what you did to him last year. Man must have a death wish." Angelo said, refilling a whiskey glass and handing it to me.

"If he has a death wish, I will gladly fulfill it for him." I said as I drank the whole glass in one sip.

"Make sure no one leaves this house. Increase security and make sure everyone is on high alert." I said as I stood up to exit the office, hazel eyes and silky black hair conquering every thought I have.

"Dante.." Angelo said barely above a whisper as my hand clutched the handle of the door. "He... he's back isn't he." He said looking down.

"Not for long brother." I said coldly, then proceeded to walk out of the office. I did a check of who was in the house, making sure everyone was accounted for. Gigi, Harry, and mom were all sleeping, but the twins and the vixen were no where to be found. I searched the house frantically, but to no reprieve. I ran my hand through my hair as anxiety courses through me.

Where. The. Fuck. Are. They.

I dialed Damon immediately, my patience dwindling with each ring I hear.

"Boss, what can I do for you?" Damon says on the other line.

"I need you to activate the GPS trackers we have on my sisters. NOW." I ordered.

"Yes boss." He said as I heard his fingers typing away rapidly. I quickly walked to the kitchen again, looking for anything out of the ordinary.

Hopefully she's with the twins... 

"Boss...I'm not getting a signal from their trackers. They must have blown them up again." He said hesitantly.

"Fuck, fuck, FUCK!" I screamed, throwing my phone against the dining room wall sending the device shattering to the floor.

I walked into the living room and sat on the couch. I ran my hand through my hair in frustration as I heard the sounds of laughter coming from the garden.

Natalia, Isa and Rebel came strolling into the house, arms linked. Relief flooded throughout me as I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.

"Where the fuck were you?" I growled staring directly at the little vixen.

"She was with us." Isa said stepping in front of her in a protective manner. The twins have never taken a liking to anyone before, so this was extremely uncharacteristic of her.

"This late?" I questioned skeptically.

"How is this any of your concern?" Rebel said in a serious tone.

There's that unpleasant attitude I fucking loath so much. 

"It's past your bedtime, little girl. Besides, you start work in the morning." I said standing up and closing the distance between us. I grabbed her arm and pulled her away from the twins, who were yelling in protest. I pulled her up the stairs, skipping two at a time. Her petite body was struggling to keep up with my long strides. She stumbled a few times and I contemplated just throwing her over my shoulder, but I opted to just firmly grip her arm whenever she stumbled so I wouldn't have to drag her ass across the house. We reached her room, and I roughly opened the door before shoving her inside.

"You're acting more deranged than usual." She scoffed as she steadied her footing.

"We have a meeting tomorrow at 10am. Don't be late. Nighty night, little vixen." I said in a deadly tone before I slammed the door shut.

As I walked away, I found myself relieved that she was safe. Hopefully with the upgraded lock on the door, she'll remain that way.

These feelings were foreign to me, and my mind was running wild trying to grasp the reasoning behind the controlling urge to protect the little vixen. She infuriates me yet intrigues me, a deadly combination for my sanity. The only thing I know about the mysterious girl is that she is a genius... a beautiful fucking genius. My feelings for her are irrational, childish even.

I'm probably just protective over her because she is a frail semi-innocent little girl who my aunt adores. She couldn't possibly be able to handle the Mafia lifestyle, her innocence has no place in the world of organized crime...my world.

I'm just protecting her because she is temporarily an active member of the Mafia... Gigi would kill me if anything happens to her... that is enough reasoning to justify these thoughts I've been having about her... right?

I walked into my underground garage as I pushed my thoughts to the side. I grabbed the first keys I could, which happen to be to my favorite, a bright red Ferrari 488. It roared to life, and I quickly floored it, watching as the mansion dispersed into the distance. I made my way to the warehouse and prepared for the long night ahead of me.

********************************************************************************************

"Boss, its 8:30." Damon said softly as he poked my shoulder with his bony finger. My head snapped up, quickly informing me of the aching sensation in my neck. I evaluated my surroundings as I rapidly blinked my eyes. I must have fallen asleep at my desk in the warehouse... again. I felt refreshed despite the fact I slept face down on my wooden desk. My memory flashed back to the hazel eyed girl in my dreams, and I groaned in frustration. Even when I was asleep, this vixen haunted my subconscious.

I quickly stood up and exited the warehouse, without uttering a word to Damon. I got into my Ferrari, and speed to the house. I need to clear my thoughts of this girl completely.

I need to get laid. Or kill someone. Preferably both.

As I walked into the kitchen, I was not surprised to see the little vixen eating breakfast with my obnoxious twin sisters. They were laughing as the maid served them their omelets, her laughter making my chest constrict uncomfortably. She was dressed in a large denim jacket, a tight white tank top, and black ripped jeans. Her hair was pulled back into a messy bun, with strands of her jet black hair pulled out in the front. Even dressed casually, she looks better than every model I have ever been with.

Her hazel eyes met mine, and she sent me a devilish smirk as she took a bite of her French Toast. Most likely boasting about the fact that she escaped from her room... yet again.