Chapter 21

** DANTE VINO POV **

After a much needed cold shower, I got dressed in my Armani suit, and headed back down to the kitchen. I opened my bedroom door to reveal an exhausted looking Angelo standing in the hallway. He looked dreadful. The dark bags underneath his eyes were an indication that he didn't sleep as peacefully as I did last night.

"You look like hell." I stated as I walked past Angelo and closed my door. He quickly followed behind me.

"Dante, I think my room is haunted." Angelo said below a whisper as his eyes darted down the hallway. He seemed rather shaken up. I stopped in my tracks momentarily and looked at him as if he's gone mad.

"Angelo, why in the world would you ever think that your room was haunted. You're 18. We've lived in this house our entire life. Why would this so called 'haunting' happen now." I questioned as we continued to walk down the long corridor.

"The lights were going crazy last night. I kept hearing noises and my door kept swinging open. I've done a lot of fucked up shit in my life brother. Maybe it's a spirit of someone I killed." He said, slightly turning pale as we reached the top of the staircase.

"Brother, if you think some poltergeist is haunting you for killing a handful of people, then I should have Satan himself following me around constantly for the amount of sin I have committed." I scoffed as.

"Dude, I'm not joking. Something is out to get me man." Angelo said nervously as he continued to look over his shoulder as we walked side by side. 

"Were you drinking last night?" I said in an annoyed tone. 

"Well... yeah." Angelo admitted as he scratched his head. 

"Let me guess, you got fucking plastered again, didn't you?" I said through grit teeth. 

"Yes, but-"Angelo said defensively before I smacked the back of his head. 

"Fucking idiot." I mumbled as he groaned. 

As I walked downstairs, the three girls were sitting at the dining room table. Natalia was throwing grapes, trying to make it into Isa's mouth, failing miserably. The little vixen was typing away on her computer, an excited expression on her face.

"She's going to love it." Isa said before a grape flew through the air and hit her in the eye.

"Who will?" I asked curiously, raising my eyebrow at the annoying girls in front of me.

"No one." Rebel said, her smile fading in an instant as her eyes met mine.

"Let's go." I spoke as I started to make my way to the door, my siblings following suit.

"The meeting isn't here?" Rebel asked as she shut her mac laptop and stood up.

"No." I responded coldly as I walked out into the brisk November air.

"Our mother would have a heart attack if every Mafia member walked in here with their shoes on." Natalia laughed as she threw an arm over Rebels shoulder.

We piled into a blacked out Cadillac, and started towards our destination. The meeting will be held in our second largest warehouse, seeing as the first was attacked last night. I was sitting in the passenger seat, watching Rebel through the rear view mirror. She seemed deep in thought as her attention was focused outside the window.

The Cadillac slowly came to a halt and we exited the vehicle, Angelo acting unusual as he held out his hand to help Rebel out of the car. She smiled at him as she took his hand. His face lit up like a child who just got a new toy, and a mentally scoffed at his pathetic attempt to be a gentleman.