Chapter 50

*REBEL SIMMONS POV*

I could help but stare into those mesmerizing grey eyes as Dante walked into the room. His stubble was thicker, and I could tell that he's been growing it out. His hair looked somewhat messy from what I'm assuming is him running his hands through his hair countless times. He looked toned, and his large muscles constricted against the plain black t-shirt he wore. As amazing as he looked, the one thing that bothered me was the large bags underneath his eyes, indicating that he hasn't been sleeping over this past month.

He slid into the seat next to me, and cleared his throat while looking forward, avoiding eye contact with me.

"Dante." Florence said towards he son, her eyes beaming. "Where's your brother?" She asked as she tilted her head.

"Don't know." Dante said before he looked down at his plate and picked up a fork. The tension in the air was thick as everyone was adjusting to Dante's intimidating presence once more.

I stared at my plate, losing all appetite from the emotions that began stirring in within my stomach. I sighed softly before placing my fork down while I stared at my steak, mashed potatoes and vegetables.

"Is something wrong with your food?" Dante asked slowly, breaking the silence as he continued eating.

"No." I stated as I looked forward, making everyone look my way as they continued to eat in silence.

"If there's nothing wrong with it, then why aren't you eating it?" He asked as he finally looked over at me.

"If you're so concerned about it, then why aren't you eating it?" I snapped back as I narrowed my eyes at him, making the twins eyebrows raise as they watched intensely.

"Because ...reasons." Dante said as he put down his fork and stared at me.

"Obviously you're not eating it because you don't think it's worth eating. So I'm not sure why you even care so much about it." I said as I shrugged and raised my eyebrows.

"That's not true." Dante said in a deadly tone as his eyes narrowed. "I do care about it, that's why I'm not fucking eating it!" He said as his hands clenched into fists on the table.

"Well you ate it before, I'm not sure why you're not eating it now." I said before I chuckled at him. "Unless you're eating something else? That's the logical answer here, right?" I said as I tilted my head.

"Aw shit." Isa said in a high pitched voice before sipping her tea.

The Vino family as well as my mother looked down at their plates with wide eyes, trying not to eavesdrop on the humiliating situation that was unraveling before them.

"Why would I eat something else when there's only one meal I'd like to fucking eat." Dante said in a harsh tone before turning slightly to face me.

"Obviously you don't want to eat it, if you're not eating it." I said blatantly as I crossed my arms and stared at him.

"Of course I want to fucking eat it! It's my favorite god damn meal!" Dante said before slamming his hand down on the table.

"Well if it's your favorite meal," I said mimicking his accent, "Then why aren't you eating it?" I said as rolled my eyes.

"Who's says I don't want to eat it?!" Dante exclaimed as he glared at me, his voice booming through the dining room.

"I don't know, maybe you got full on an appetizer and found out it was better than the main course." I said as I gave him a deadly glare.

"I didn't eat any fucking appetizers, and I haven't eaten appetizers ever since the food got here." Dante said through his teeth.

"Really!" I said as I leaned back in my chair and crossed my arms. "Because I'm pretty damn sure I heard you talking to an appetizer." I said as I tapped my chin and looked up at the ceiling.