Chapter 15

** REBEL SIMMONS POV **

I sat in the luxurious limousine, admiring every detail. I never could have imagined a vehicle so lavish. My hands softly glided across the black stitching of the smooth leather seats, much more comfortable that the cloth seats in the Chevy Silverado I was accustomed to. Soft, ambient lights lined the floors and ceiling, their soft luminescence casting an angelic glow throughout the limo.

"You act like you've never been in a car before." Dante scoffed, giving me an annoyed yet curious glare.

The seats in the limousine curved into a U shape. Giana and I sat directly next to each other, Dante to her left, and the person who I assumed to be his brother was to my right.

I rolled my eyes at his obnoxious and half correct statement as I looked out the large window, watching as the lights of Seattle blurred as we drove past.

"I don't think we've properly met." The younger version of the devil said after he cleared his throat. I glanced over at him, bored with his formalities after he almost killed me.

"Angelo Ricardo Vino." He said smiling a bright smile as he extended his hand out to me. I looked at his hand, then back to him before I extended mine out and shook it without uttering a word before I proceeded to look back outside the window.

"Um... nice to meet you too." He said awkwardly as I continued to ignore him.

"Just a bit of advice for you, Angelo," I spoke calmly, still mesmerized by the city lights that were now fading into the distance.

"When using a sedative, you take the maximum dose in mg, multiply it by your targets weight, then divide it by 10. So I'm assuming you gave me 150mg of medication, which for that sedative would be 10mg. I'm 110lbs, and after dividing it by 10 the ideal dose to knock me out would be 100mg. You were off by 50mg." I said as I watched the limousine pull into the private airport. I glanced at Angelo, who was looking at me smiling.

"Well when you explain it like that it makes total sense. I could never understand the way Dante explains it. Thanks Rebel! I promise I'll never overdose you again." He said still smiling a kid like smile at me. His playful energy instantly lightening up the mood in the tense limousine.

I raised my eyebrow at him, my skepticism showing through my expression.

"Scouts honor." He said as he put his hand up as if he was going to take an oath, a somewhat serious expression dominating his face. I slightly smiled at him, making a wide grin appear on his face.

The limousine slowly came to a stop in front of an immense private jet. I stared out the window, admiring it. I've never been on a private aircraft, let alone one this costly. The jet pure black, with white details on the wings and body of the plane. Towards the rear of the plane was what looked like a painting of gold crest, a detailed image of a roaring lion with a tilted crown on its head inside the gold border. The crown had crimson jewels embedded in the details. Towards the bottom was a quote in Italian written in elegant script,

La famiglia è la bussola che ci guida, la lealtà è il potere che ci guida.

"The family is the compass that guides us, loyalty is the power that guides us." I whispered to myself as I felt a pressure on my neck. I snapped my head to Angelo who was smirking as he held onto an empty syringe.

You've got to be fucking kidding me.

"Angelo Ricardo Vino! What the fuck did you just do?!" Giana screamed as she sat up.

"What?! Dante's orders. I didn't break scouts honor though, I gave her 100mg this time." Angelo said smirking. Giana rushed over and started smacking him upside the head repeatedly. She grabbed the syringe and examined it.

"Angelo you dumbass you gave her 200mg! You were looking at the wrong measurements!" She screamed.

"The numbers are small- ow!" He attempted to shield his face as Giana started to slap him profusely.

I glanced over to Dante, who was looking at me with a sinister smile. His grey eyes the last thing before my vision faded into darkness.

*************************************************
TRIGGER WARNING BELOW
** 8 YEAR OLD REBEL **

I was so excited walking home to show my daddy and mommy the 100% I scored on the placement exam. Mrs. Miller said I did so good, that I could skip 3rd grade all together.

"Daddy, daddy! I got a perfect score!" I said, smiling so big it hurt my face.

"I don't give a fuck about your stupid fucking score on your test, you dumbshit!" My father says as he pushes me to the ground and kicks me.

"But.. daddy,-" I said to him between kicks.

"Don't call me that! Don't fucking call me your dad. I never wanted you! You're nothing but an annoying fucking problem!" He screamed in my face. That funny smell on his breath burning my nose. He reached for my pink backpack, and ripped it open, spilling my books and pencils everywhere.

I don't know why I thought he'd be proud, maybe even happy for me. I thought that if I did good in school at least, he'd stop hitting me for once.

I kept my head tucked into my knees as he kept kicking me. I tried really hard not to cry, knowing that if I cry, I'd be hit harder.

After what feels like forever, he grabs my hair and pulls me to my feet. He pushes me into the small bathroom, making me fall and skid my knee on the dirty, cracked tile. My chest hurts, everything hurts.

"Nighty night, you little bitch." He said as I heard him lock the other side of the door.

Usually mommy lets me sleep on the couch, since her and daddy sleep on the only bed. But on the weekends, he makes me sleep in the bathroom.

I opened the cabinet where I hid my pillow and a blanket. I learned from the first time that sleeping on the tile is not comfy, so I hid them here for when he locks me in.

Usually I cry, but daddy told me that crying makes me weak. So I haven't cried in 3 years, hopefully that will make him proud of me one day. I closed my eyes, trying to fall asleep.

I was asleep for an hour or two when I woke up to the sound of the front door slamming. Our home was quiet... mommy was probably still working for the rest of the night.

"Hello?" I said as I knocked on the door. "Dadd- Johnny? Are you there?" I said as I knocked on the door again. "Is anyone there?" I knocked again.

I didn't hear anything on the other side. I opened the drawer and took out the Bobby pin and paperclip I hid. After the first time daddy locked me in here, I figured out how to open locked doors by sticking the Bobby pin and paperclip in the slot.

I quickly unlocked the door and looked around. No one was home. Mommy would be working all night and daddy is usually gone until the morning. I walked to the kitchen and grabbed a glass of water and the big book Nurse Joy gave me.

She was asking me questions about the bruises on my arm, but daddy told me not to tell anyone, so I made up a story. I like Nurse Joy a lot, she lets me read in her office during recess. She gave me a big book to color in. She said she doesn't use it and it was from when she was in college.

I walked back to the bathroom, and locked the door, just in case daddy comes home. He's usually mad when he leaves and smells like the nurses office.

I sat back on the cold tile, hugging myself with the think blanket, and started to read Nurse Joys book. The title was "Chiropractic Adjustments." It was really thick and heavy, and had a lot of pictures too.

Hopefully I can learn something to help my neck and back from hurting when I sleep on the floor.

************************************************