Chapter 59

*REBEL SIMMONS POV*

For the first time in my life, my mind was calm. It wasn't racing, deciphering ideas or situations, it wasn't creating a plan or a strategy, for the first time in my entire life, I felt numb. My eyes reread the words on the plain piece of paper over and over again, attempting to comprehend the gravity of the situation I held between my fingers. 

Angie Simmons 

Angie Simmons 

Angie Simmons 

I was told about these death threats. How they arrived at the Vino estate after the territory war in the US. How each held the name of one person. How each hit was carried out to completion no matter how many precautions were in place. I looked up at Dante, who was also looking at the piece of paper, most likely reliving the awful memories of his own past. 

"Pavlovski, what else did he say to you?" Dante asked urgently as he looked at me. I took a deep breath before I perfectly recalled the situation:

"It's so nice to finally meet you in person." He said seriously as he tilted his head slightly, as if he was examining me. 

"I wish I could say the same, Pavlovski." I said as I looked up at him. He smiled at my words, proving that my assumption was correct.

"Hm." He hummed as he narrowed his eyes, making my skin crawl. "Considering the fact that I have about two minutes before your little boyfriend comes looking for you, I'll cut to the chase. You have two options tonight my dear, either come with me willingly," He began. 

"Or?" I said with a scowl on my face. 

"Or I'll be forced to take drastic measures. But either way, you'll be coming with me." Pavlovski said cockily as he looked behind me momentarily before looking back into my eyes once more. 

"Go fuck yourself." I said slowly as I stared at him. 

"Really, you'd choose to stand by the Vino's?" He said, a bit of disgust in his tone. 

"Until the day I die."  I said proudly as I lifted my chin proudly. 

"With that attitude it might be sooner than you think." He said as he scowled. 

"I don't understand. Why would you stay loyal to man who doesn't even care about you. A man who looks at you as an object, just as an asset to his Mafia. A man who was so quick to ignore you, to kick you out as soon as he learned of your true heritage." Pavlovski said as he looked at me with a serious expression. 

"You don't know anything." I said defensively. 

"Oh, but I know more than you think, darling." Pavlovski said as he stepped closer to me. 

"Do you really think Dante cares about you? That he loves you? That man is incapable of love." He said as he looked at me with disgust in his features. 

"Come to think of it, he's incapable of protecting his own family." Pavlovski said as a sinister smile stretched on his face. 

"So you can either stand beside a man who doesn't give a fuck about you, or you can come with me, and be with your real family." He stated as he looked down at me. 

"So what'll it be, Rebel?" Pavlovski asked as he looked down at me. 

Unable to control myself, I quickly grabbed his jacket collar and pulled him towards me, making him hunch slightly. I quickly rammed my head forward, head butting him roughly him in the face.